Got home early and the JVM was waiting for me...

:|::QBB:
SgtThump":047a6 said:

Congrats for making it that far! We did a consumer credit counseling thing, where they talked a few of the credit card companies into lowering the interest. We then paid the company, who turned around and took a cut, then paid the credit card companies. Honestly, it worked out great. I made the last payment a month ago and am now graduated from the program. lol... Feels good!

I had one more credit card that I owed $1,000 on and just mailed the last payment (of $1,000) to them earlier this week. That's it. My wife and I officially have ZERO credit card accounts open and no balances period. Gosh damn that feels good.

Thanks and Congrats!!! :thumbsup:

I'm thinking of using a credit counselor if I notice that Im starting to sink again but I have been able to transfer my balance on to a card that has zero interest. I'll have to weigh my options when the time limit runs out on the zero interest card!!

Hey Tony, how does the feel of the JVM compare to the Blackmores you've owned?

I've always been happy with the sound, but my one gripe with the Blackmore is that it has always felt a little stiff to me.

I get buzzing on OD1&2 orange and red. Gain at noon on OD1 orange and 1:00 Od2 red.
A ISP decimator prorackG kills all the noise. Its expensive but it works great.

Beergoblin":14e5b said:

I've always been happy with the sound, but my one gripe with the Blackmore is that it has always felt a little stiff to me.

It is definitely a little more chewy than the Blackmore, but not in a bad way.

I REALLY like the tone of the amp. If I can figure out this damn hum issue, I will be keeping it.

roodboy":73102 said:
I get buzzing on OD1&2 orange and red. Gain at noon on OD1 orange and 1:00 Od2 red.
A ISP decimator prorackG kills all the noise. Its expensive but it works great.

I looked at one of those. Not real big on rack gear though.

I am hoping I figure a way to use the decimater or the MXR Smartgate or Boss NS2 I ordered work with the damn thing.

I wouldn't be as frustrated as I am if I didn't LOVE the tone of this thing! :gethim:

I ordered a Smartgate, NS2 and a WHirlwind ABY box.... we'll see how this thing plays with these. Hopefully it will play nice with at least one of the gates. :)

Gainfreak":b314d said:

Chris!!

I'm on my way bro and I have learned from this :D

I kept on thinking that I was 17k in the hole but I wasn't.....it was mor like 20k :eek:
I'm down to 11g's and I will be using cash from now on!!! :thumbsup:

Note to self...... Burn the CC's :hys:

I was in Sports Authority buying a few things and the cock face at the check out asks me if i want to sign up for their credit card. I said no, and he stops and asks me why i don't like easy money! I felt like slapping him in the face, fucking dickbag. They can take their 25% APR rate and shove it up their ass.

mctallica1":e1659 said:
I ordered a Smartgate, NS2 and a WHirlwind ABY box.... we'll see how this thing plays with these. Hopefully it will play nice with at least one of the gates. :)

I asked MF to overnight these pedals and they are out for delivery...I really hope they work :thumbsup:

I will not be here when they arrive though....Teaching Junior Achievement day for my daughter's 3rd grade class :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Beergoblin":e40cf said:

Don't wanna but in but I own a Blackmore and a JVM and I much prefer the JVM for lead work. I agree that the Blackmoe is stiff in that area. I am now trying to get a rhythm sound out of the JVM that equals the Blackmore and I am getting damn close. I absolutely love the Blackmore's rhythm tone, it has so much authority and is very detailed. The JVM is close but not there just yet. I think with a tweak or 2 I'll be there soon... :D

mctallica1":b2370 said:

I am in the market for an ABY myself to use with my Blackmore and JVM. I am very interested to see what you find out. Have you seen the Radial Bigshot ABY? That looked kinda cool, I was thinking about checking one of those out.

killertone":68110 said:

Don't wanna but in but I own a Blackmore and a JVM and I much prefer the JVM for lead work. I agree that the Blackmoe is stiff in that area. I am now trying to get a rhythm sound out of the JVM that equals the Blackmore and I am getting damn close. I absolutely love the Blackmore's rhythm tone, it has so much authority and is very detailed. The JVM is close but not there just yet. I think with a tweak or 2 I'll be there soon... :D

If you want to get the JVM to sound more like the Blackmore, Take the preamp out of the JVM and slave it to your blackmores effects send. methinks you'll shit!! :D

Gainfreak":ba32c said:

If you want to get the JVM to sound more like the Blackmore, Take the preamp out of the JVM and slave it to your blackmores effects send. methinks you'll shit!! :D

:LOL:

It's not that I want it to sound exactly like the Blackmore, but I just want that authority there. I am going to rebias the power tubes and listen as I do it this time instead of going for a nominal value. I have NOS Siemens EL34's in there and they sound siiiick but I think they need to run a tad hotter. :D

killertone":3e198 said:

:LOL:

It's not that I want it to sound exactly like the Blackmore, but I just want that authority there. I am going to rebias the power tubes and listen as I do it this time instead of going for a nominal value. I have NOS Siemens EL34's in there and they sound siiiick but I think they need to run a tad hotter. :D

:rawk: :D

All the goodies were waiting for me when I got back from JA day!

Boss SD-1
Bad Monkey
MXR Smart Gate
Boss NS2
Whirlwind ABY

And the verdict is..........

The JVM plays VERY nicely with the NS2, whirlwind ABY and the Bad Monkey! :rock: :rock:

It gets along with the SD-1 as well, but I don't care for that pedal.

I will be running the following with it (already tried it out:)

OD808>>>Bad Monkey>>>>NS2>>>>Whirlwind>>>>JVM/VHT 50CL

Boosting the 808 into the bad monkey turns the crunch channel into THRASH heaven :thumbsup:

I will be selling the SD1 and sending the smartgate back (it gets along with this pedal as well, but I like the NS2 better).

Funny thing is, playing the JVM side by side with the VHT, I actually prefer the JVM. :eek: I would have never thought that, but the CL feels stiff as hell when ABing the 2.

What are the chances one of the biggest amp whores around can make due with just one amp?......I doubt it, but maybe :D

Beergoblin":916c4 said:

Exactly HOW many times have you said this? :D

Actually, I don't ever recall saying I could do everything I want with just one amp. :p

And I doubt I could with this one either, but it covers A LOT of ground very well.

mctallica1":c138b said:

Actually, I don't ever recall saying I could do everything I want with just one amp. :p

And I doubt I could with this one either, but it covers A LOT of ground very well.

I honestly thought you'd be able to cover all your bases with the Egnater :)

Back