Great idea for the VHX. (Probably already asked for but here goes)

MesaSean

Still in the honeymoon phase with my VHX and adore it. My VH4 has not been turned on once.

Right now I use a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro to switch between my presets and favorite voices. The FX sound really really good and I hope they add more.

I also have a Line 6 Helix which I use for playing at low volumes in my office through monitors.... which made me think:

What if the VHX had a mode called "Stomp Mode" like the Helix. Where with your midi board you can make a preset... add and tweak all your FX and then use all the buttons on the GC Pro, Columbus or whatever midi switcher to turn pedals on and off.

Has it been suggested? Thanks!

@Peter Diezel @Leo Diezel

its already there you have to send CC Messages to VHX instead of PC e.g.:

CC 1 Toggle POWER AMP MUTE and enables TUNER screen. CC 2 TAP TEMPO Global
CC 6 PREAMP VOLUME +3db BOOST
CC 24 Toggle LOOP A
CC 25 Toggle LOOP B
CC 26 Toggle NOISEGATE
CC 27 Toggle COMPRESSOR
CC 28 Toggle PITCH
CC 29 Toggle DELAY
CC 30 Toggle CHORUS
CC 31 Toggle FLANGER
CC 32 Toggle PHASER
CC 33 Toggle TREMOLO
CC 34 Toggle REVERB
CC 35 Toggle GEQ
CC 36 Toggle WAH
CC 37 Toggle DELAY B
CC 38 Toggle ROTARY

its already there you have to send CC Messages to VHX instead of PC e.g.:

CC 1 Toggle POWER AMP MUTE and enables TUNER screen. CC 2 TAP TEMPO Global
CC 6 PREAMP VOLUME +3db BOOST
CC 24 Toggle LOOP A
CC 25 Toggle LOOP B
CC 26 Toggle NOISEGATE
CC 27 Toggle COMPRESSOR
CC 28 Toggle PITCH
CC 29 Toggle DELAY
CC 30 Toggle CHORUS
CC 31 Toggle FLANGER
CC 32 Toggle PHASER
CC 33 Toggle TREMOLO
CC 34 Toggle REVERB
CC 35 Toggle GEQ
CC 36 Toggle WAH
CC 37 Toggle DELAY B
CC 38 Toggle ROTARY
Silly me... I am such a noob when it comes to Midi. Honestly I have no idea what all those messages are or how to program them. I just set my VHX to Omni and started making presets.

from a quick look into the manual, you would need to witch to Instant Access Mode, giving you 1-8 Footswitch for CC Commands and the lower four switches for PC Changes...

The you need to assign the CC Toggle Number to the wished foot switch 1-8
MIDI Continuous Controller On/Off

"By assigning CC messages to instant access buttons, you can control these internal effects just like a stomp- box pedal board. All you need to know is which MIDI channel (1-16) and controller numbers (0-120) your device will respond to. Some devices will have the controller numbers fixed to specific effects, and others will let you assign each controller to a different function.
With the cursor on the GCX #, press [+/YES] until the display shows:
This indicates that Instant Access button #1 will control MIDI continuous controller #004 on channel 1. You can use [CURSOR] to move between the channel and the controller number. Then use [-/NO] and [+/YES] to select MIDI channels 1-16 and continuous controllers 0-120.
If you press [CURSOR 4] again, you can select between NORMAL, XMIT W/PRSET and MOMENTARY. "

You would need the Normal mode from my perspective

Thank you, Mesa Sean for asking the question.
Thank you Zeen for answering.

I was just working on this with my VHX and the GC Pro, and struggling to figure it out.
This helps a lot!

Back