Great VHX tutorial.

I was wondering why there seems to be more used VHX than VH4's for sale? Or certainly a lot for a new amp. Maybe people like trying new ones all the time, who knows. Originally I wanted a VH4s but could never find one and heard that the non stereo was better. Now I am thinking of the regular VH4 or VHX.

I was wondering why there seems to be more used VHX than VH4's for sale? Or certainly a lot for a new amp. Maybe people like trying new ones all the time, who knows. Originally I wanted a VH4s but could never find one and heard that the non stereo was better. Now I am thinking of the regular VH4 or VHX.
Who knows? Ask the sellers if they’re willing to share. I think a lot of buyers have certain expectations that they either couldn’t find or weren’t met.

Not everyone can handle all the options of the VHX. Takes a certain type of mind: Deep Dive type. Some folks just need 1-2 simple channels.

I personally need 40 different options of Diezel tone, and I love Deep Diving tech, so the VHX is perfect for me.

Also, I like that the guy in the video uses the VHX to play "Walking on the Moon" by The Police
My band plays this song, and I have a VHX Preset for my guitar parts.
I use 2 delays to get that glassy long repeat. Sounds way more 3D than this example

Last edited:
I know two people that sold VHX's.

First case was the seller found the VHX too complex and from playing it, only really used the VH4 settings. So, he sold and bought a VH4.

Second case was a weird one, in that the seller had unreal expectations regarding tonal capabilities: he thought the VHX could do all the Diezel tones, but could tweak to do other amp tones as well, if that makes sense. He is more a modded Marshall guy, so he sold and bought a Friedman BE-100 Deluxe.

End of the day, I love my VHX. It can do alot and do alot well and is pretty intuitive to use. It is, in a way, a compendium of Diezel tones, but if you just use/want VH4 tones or Herbert tones, it may be better just to go with that.

Sounds good, in electronics the do it all solution usually isn't the best one but the VHX does seem nice. Anyways I ordered a Diezel cabinet today. I talked to one person who said they had a VH2 and didn't like it so tried the VHX and didn't like it. I will say it is hard to try these before you buy them. I should have tried them before I moved out of LA. I am sure there is some there.

The person not liking a VH2 and then disliking the VHX is not surprising. Diezels have a unique tonal and feel signature that you find across all their amps. Some are a bit tighter, brighter, looser, etc but the overall tonality and feel is similar. Absolutely I encourage trying before buying, although I get that high end amps like this aren't always easy to find.

As for the VHX, as I said, it is a top notch, incredibly versatile piece of kit. For someone whose "Diezel tone" is all about the VH4 or Herbert.....maybe a VHX is excessive and they may as well stick to the namesake amp. But for those who want one Diezel that can accurately capture what the other Diezels are about, it is hard to beat a VHX.

Back