Guitar Center Bucks

Webb

I just got $500 in GC bucks today from a promotion they had recently ($10 for every $50 spent). Problem is they don't give you very long to use it (expires on 10/3) and there's nothing specific I need at the moment. So help me spend it. Anyone see any good deals in the used section worth mentioning? I've been scanning the GC site but nothing has caught my interest. Any ideas?

Webb":u8mk8lg5 said:
I just got $500 in GC bucks today from a promotion they had recently ($10 for every $50 spent). Problem is they don't give you very long to use it (expires on 10/3) and there's nothing specific I need at the moment. So help me spend it. Anyone see any good deals in the used section worth mentioning? I've been scanning the GC site but nothing has caught my interest. Any ideas?
If you do not need anything I would spend it all on pedals maybe or recording gear, if you are into that.

I bought a sweet Gibson stool for the man cave.
Some Iron Maiden picks. A couple autobiography books.
New guitar strap. A pickup. And a new Kiss lunch box. :D

Strings, cables, picks, other "consumables"?

There are a few Bogner 212s on the GC used site with decent pricing.

GOHOINC":2vxunkh1 said:
Strings, cables, picks, other "consumables"?

There are a few Bogner 212s on the GC used site with decent pricing.

That's what I usually do but this time I have $500. That's a lot of strings! :D

I used mine earlier today. I don’t have any guitar related needs at this time so instead I got an Apex 2 tier keyboard stand.

you should buy 165 sets of super slinky 9's and then send them all to me. I will send you a big thank you, plus give you a shout out on rig talk, AND the gear page!! J/K obviously, but on a different note, I got a box of super slinky 9's on amazon for $26 shipped plus a free ernie ball t shirt.

Could do something like buy a used Dual Rec from them; presumably they have some for about $1000. You’d only spend $500 of “real” money and could turn around and sell it quickly for between $800-1000. Get back your $500 back and cash out all or most of the GC bucks.

mooncobra":lb4pzrol said:
you should buy 165 sets of super slinky 9's and then send them all to me. I will send you a big thank you, plus give you a shout out on rig talk, AND the gear page!! J/K obviously, but on a different note, I got a box of super slinky 9's on amazon for $26 shipped plus a free ernie ball t shirt.

And by the end of the year half of them would be missing the 9 string :LOL: :LOL: . I used Ernie Ball hybrid slinky for years, experimented with some other stuff over the last few years and came full circle back to Ernie Ball. I really like the feel and the hybrid gauges but I'm constantly breaking the 9 string, mostly doing bends. I bought a 6 pack of plain 9 strings a couple weeks ago.

cardinal":6y45sho7 said:
Could do something like buy a used Dual Rec from them; presumably they have some for about $1000. You’d only spend $500 of “real” money and could turn around and sell it quickly for between $800-1000. Get back your $500 back and cash out all or most of the GC bucks.

I was thinking about doing something like that if I can't find anything before it expires.

And if anyone wants to buy it off me, send me a message. I'll give you a good deal.

if you can't find something you want before it expires just buy anything, then return it for store credit. The store credit won't expire. Ask me how I know :LOL: :LOL:

Back