Had A Couple of Amps Modded

Bad.Seed

Took two of my amps to my tech this week, and he returned them with my requested mods, both of which have me smiling.

First up is my 3 Channel Triple Rec. I had the 100k resistors in the preamp portion of channels 2 and 3 bypassed to tighten the amp, and had the stock 250k gain pots replaced with 1 meg pots. Results are a tighter amp with a more liquid feeling gain, less stiff, a little easier to play. Chugs are still big but the bass reacts quicker.

Second is my Jet City JCA50H I had the SLO and Depth mods done to this one. Big difference here. Gain is no longer over the top, a little more clarity, rounder, nicer sounding mids and not nearly as bright as before. Depth mod improves the low end as the amp in stock form is a little light in that area. This amp always punched above it's weight, but now it's just stupid.

Glad those Recto mods worked out! I've been having a blast with mine. I can honestly say that the Red is on equal footing with the Orange now...it's a little more 'modded Mesa/Marshall' now with way improved touch sensitivity and the clarity is a bit better. I did have to re-do my boost pedal a little since the 1meg pots increased the gain a ton. I used to live on Orange cloned to modern but now I can play either channel and smile. Tighter too, as you have said. Honestly with the gain increase and better tightness, a boost isn't really needed...but still fun with one.

Glad those Recto mods worked out! I've been having a blast with mine. I can honestly say that the Red is on equal footing with the Orange now...it's a little more 'modded Mesa/Marshall' now with way improved touch sensitivity and the clarity is a bit better. I did have to re-do my boost pedal a little since the 1meg pots increased the gain a ton. I used to live on Orange cloned to modern but now I can play either channel and smile. Tighter too, as you have said. Honestly with the gain increase and better tightness, a boost isn't really needed...but still fun with one.
Yessir! Thanks for the info on this stuff man! I'm finding red channel - vintage mode after these mods is just incredible. Apparently there is a global depth mod that can be done to these things as well, which I've never heard of on rectifiers. I'm honestly super digging this thing now.

Yessir! Thanks for the info on this stuff man! I'm finding red channel - vintage mode after these mods is just incredible. Apparently there is a global depth mod that can be done to these things as well, which I've never heard of on rectifiers. I'm honestly super digging this thing now.
One thing I know, especially after these mods....the tone now is closer to the earlier Rectos, which tells me there is truth to the 'pre 500' thing since the tone is much improved...and as a stock F triple it was killer as is.
Love to try a real deal C/D someday.

One thing I know, especially after these mods....the tone now is closer to the earlier Rectos, which tells me there is truth to the 'pre 500' thing since the tone is much improved...and as a stock F triple it was killer as is.
Love to try a real deal C/D someday.
Spill the beans racerxrated... lol

Back