heads up... $1500 jp 2c rack on reverb

Well it's off Reverb now anyway. . I reported it as 'fraudulent" .. These guys need some major bad karma heading their way. . . kind of Epsteinish karma if you ask me

I just don't get it.
On a gear forum, an ad like this, with stolen pics, asking for PayPal F&F, might get away with the scam.
But on Reverb? With all the exposure, and virtually no means of getting paid if the amp isn't delivered?
What's the point?
Reverb pays you as soon as you post a tracking number. A bogus one works, ask Keith Beres.

Did Reverb change their policy? Because, I remember the first two transactions I did as a seller, I had to "prove myself" as a seller, and didn't get paid until the buyer left feedback.

First transaction now, after that they will release the funds as soon as tracking is added. At least that's the way it was last year. I had an account at Reverb for a long time, but never sold anything until late last year and that's what they did with me.

**UPDATE**

I got my money back from PayPal, however this is actually a bigger deal than I thought.

Do not take a chance on anything suspicious. I figured that using PayPal was a no risk way of potentially getting a deal on the JP, and while I did get my money back it was only so easy because this person screwed up the scam.

I know someone mentioned that scamming people on Reverb or through PayPal made no sense, and I thought the same thing. It turns out that it's very possible because they're able to fake tracking numbers. I'm not going to explain how for obvious reasons (hopefully it's not explained anywhere on this site), but just know that they have a way to provide a fraudulent proof of delivery that will supercede your dispute. It's not simply a tracking number, it actually shows the item being delivered to your town.

It will basically require a joint investigation between PayPal and the Carrier. The carrier has nothing to gain from helping, so you'll need to get the right customer service person on the phone at both companies.

You'll need to get the carrier to provide written support that includes the company letterhead, which states the tracking number was fraudulent. It's probably best to go to the carrier before opening a dispute with PayPal because chances are you're going to lose the dispute without that support. Then you would need to get someone from PayPal on the phone that will listen to you after your dispute as been denied.

So yea, if you see these listings anywhere report them immediately. This guy has a few more items listed right now on CL that I've reported.

Did Reverb change their policy? Because, I remember the first two transactions I did as a seller, I had to "prove myself" as a seller, and didn't get paid until the buyer left feedback.
I guess it depends, but once established they pay as soon as that tracking is provided. I don't know if they wait for a delivery notice for first timers, I can't remember. But, I do remember both fake tracking numbers I got from The Guitar Guru Network showed the items delivered somewhere other than my address, and a week prior to me even ordering!

I guess it depends, but once established they pay as soon as that tracking is provided. I don't know if they wait for a delivery notice for first timers, I can't remember. But, I do remember both fake tracking numbers I got from The Guitar Guru Network showed the items delivered somewhere other than my address, and a week prior to me even ordering!

Wow I had no idea that they were doing this same shit. I thought they were just saying stuff was in stock when it wasn't and creating a label to get paid.

Back