Help me! Should I trade my Soldano SLO for this...

sluice

So, just want to get some opinions from the community on if I should do this trade of not. Is it a fair trade in terms of value, etc.
Note, there isn't any more wiggling room with this person.

First of, why would I trade the Soldano that I love?..
1. I have a Wizard MC that love just as much (maybe, probably a tiny bit more)
2. I need cash and haven't received any decent offers that involved that much cash... (lowballers all day)

Second, why this trade?
1. Cash involved..
2. The included guitar is gorgeous. (And possibly easier to sell than the SLO, since isn't worth as much)

Third, The trade

Soldano SLO (1993, 100% stock)
Soldano 4x12 straight cab (like new, not even broken in)

VS

2005 Gibson Les Paul Custom Flame maple Wine Red
3250 CAD (roughly 2500 USD)

Sf1290Ol.jpg

If you need the cash then sure... but just based on gear alone I’d keep the SLO since you already have 3 Les Pauls. Plus a SLO is a SLO. There are a lot more LP Customs out there than SLOs.

Diezel123":7tfk78ko said:
If you need the cash then sure... but just based on gear alone I’d keep the SLO since you already have 3 Les Pauls. Plus a SLO is a SLO. There are a lot more LP Customs out there than SLOs.

Actually the Wylde is gone. So I have two LPs:
My R8 and 1976 Custom.

I would possibly end up selling either the 76 Custom or the 2005 red one, depending on which one I prefer. The R8 is a keeper for sure.

If you need the cash, do it and sell the LP. List the LP now so you can play it for a few weeks, lower the price occasionally and sock the money away after you do sell it, for a killer deal on something you need. Cash = King!

Beautiful LP , but considering youve moved a LP then it seems a bit odd to end up with another one? you could have just kept the one you had and the slow. When cash is low then sometimes it's easier to convince oneself that I will be ok if I move this amp*. I've moved gear and its seems lateral somewhat or selling stuff and taking a loss so i dont sweat that. But times I've moved gear in an impulsive way seem to haunt me a tad. Question would be: What would you be doing if you didnt need cash? Would you keep the slo and if it never sold I'm sure youd be just fine:), the times will pass and you'll get past this. And if you were being asked if this is a good deal: what would your honest answer be? Damn Slo is a monumental beast and that's not changing!

Well, figure $2500 plus what, $2500 for that guitar if you sell it (give or take but hypothetically 2500).. total 5k.
How much would someone pay for a Soldano half stack? 5k? How long do you think it would sit at 5k? Looking at it this way plus your need for cash might help you decide.

As someone that has more amps than they need, sell/trade the amp, especially if you are already trying to sell it.

Used car salesmen don't look at a trade and think, 'well, I need to move this '12 Subaru, but I can't get $28k for it, but this guy has an '08 Explorer that I can offer $8K for and lend him the $20K...nah, I'll pass.' They take the deal.

If the amp is a commodity that you do not need, take the deal. The people that are saying not to covet that amp, you don't. The Les Paul will be easy to move and you have the cash.

If the guy wants to trade for your SLO then he’s planning on flipping it for big cash. 5k probably.
No logical choice here other than keeping the SLO.

Racerxrated":hlkdaqwo said:
If the guy wants to trade for your SLO then he’s planning on flipping it for big cash. 5k probably.
No logical choice here other than keeping the SLO.
But if he is offering the LP at say $2500 street value plus $2500 American what would he get out of the deal? Unless you mean he's going to sell just the head. If he is going to sell both for 5k then he's better off keeping the guitar and his money. That sounds like a gamble and a long wait considering the OP cant off it. Unless.... the guy is willing to wait and sit on it till the right buyer for the head comes along and he keeps the cab. :confused:

Back