Hevy Devy - EMGtv

I love that version of "Kingdom." Was never much of a fan of SYL or Devin really, but I've been getting more into his stuff. He seems like a cool cat.

Yes!! I have been on a major DTP kick lately. Tuned down one of my guitars to Open C and been learning some DTP songs and experimenting on my own. The more I play in this tuning the more I really enjoy it. I also created a patch in my POD jsut for this reason......including a thick wall of delay/reverb/delay in the chain.

Rayneman":1950hpyn said:
I love that version of "Kingdom." Was never much of a fan of SYL or Devin really, but I've been getting more into his stuff. He seems like a cool cat.
Great guy to work with - insane ! And crazy good chops/creativity and intensity.

I am a self professed Hevy Devy fanboy and I'm not ashamed at all. The thing that impresses me so much is his ability to play the guitar parts with the vocal performance. What an exercise in coordination. He makes it look effortless.

I use the .73mm Yellow Tortex Picks & I tried using the Triangle ones like he uses and I just can't do it....My Hands are too small :LOL: :LOL:

Those pipes...wow. I like his stuff, overall. Wouldn’t listen to it a whole lot, not really my cup of tea. But he’s definitely a master at what he does. Got a lot of respect for his talent.

I thought he was into the Fishman stuff these days.

The dude can seriously sing but I don't understand the appeal of his music. It sounds like bizarro-world Disney tunes to me.

Guy is unique. I bought a bunch of Strapping Young Lad cds back in the 90s after I was recommended them so highly. It was ‘okay’ to me. I was used to Metallica and Pantera at that time.

Never could get to warming up to it.
Only song that stuck out was
‘Oh My Fucking God!’
Liked that one. :D

Back