Hey Guys! quarantine questions, revisiting old albums

Juggernaut

Hey guys, how are you guys doing? So I've been revisiting a bunch of old music I haven't listened to in a while, and have been REALLY enjoying them, have the lockdown had any of you doing the same?

Stuff I've been really jamming on, that have really hit me like they did way back when they came out.

the first 3 Metallica albums
Queensryche Operation:Mindcrime
Black Sabbath - Sabbotage
Overkill - Horrorscope
Flotsam and Jetsam - No Place for Disgrace

Theres a few others, but drawing a blank. :)

how about you guys? any old tunes really hitting you hard right now? if not, how have you guys been? keeping healthy?

Operation: Mindcrime has REALLY been hitting hard the last week or so, loving revisiting it.

Yup, me too!!!

Anthrax Madhouse and Indians. Re learned the songs with the band too!!!!

Carcass Black Star and Buried dreams

Been listening to the whole albums too but these songs stuck more and i had to learn them again. Fun times!!!!

Oh and Foolin' too.......lol

Worked thru most of CV19 (essential personnel and all that) but got into an auto accident on 5/22 and it separated my left shoulder; had bought a guitar couple days before and it showed up two days after the accident. Tried it out just to make sure it was working etc....and put it back in the case. Ibby RGA121, pretty light guitar, all things considered, but I could barely lift it. Needed something to play that wasn’t as fast as what I usually do.

Talked to Rob Ridner, he recommended a shit ton of old NOLA stuff; Acid Bath, older Crowbar, Eyehategod and Down. Also Maeth and Khemmis on the list.

Was listening to a lot of that while recuperating, and got into it pretty heavy, it’s interesting to me having grown up listening to speed metal how this is slower but just as heavy.

Redoing my rig, bought a bunch of fuzzes, think I decided on a Viper and I’m looking at Orange amps lol

Been a good time.

I just recently put a new cartridge in my turntable because some asshat fucked up my old one and didn't say anything about it.

Anyway, I've also been pulling out my thrash, hardcore and metal vinyl.

Last night I listened to The Accused, Martha Splatterhead's Maddest Stories Ever Told. Coroner, Punishment for Decadence. Testament, The New Order, and Assassin, Interstellar Experience.

Tonight I'll maybe put on some Kreator, MDC, Bl'ast... who knows.

I have been watching a bunch of pro shot concerts of bands on YouTube. A lot of Resurrection Fest specifically. COC, Crowbar, Down. Some old Motorhead and Slayer too.

I also got into some of my vinyl that I have not listened to in a bit. Cream and ZZ Top oddly enough.

How you been dude? Haven't seen you in a minute - granted I don't hang around like I used to :)

I just listened to Operation Mindcrime on headphones the other night. What a masterfully produced album.

Juggernaut":13vxn93i said:
Hey guys, how are you guys doing? So I've been revisiting a bunch of old music I haven't listened to in a while, and have been REALLY enjoying them, have the lockdown had any of you doing the same?

Stuff I've been really jamming on, that have really hit me like they did way back when they came out.

the first 3 Metallica albums
Queensryche Operation:Mindcrime
Black Sabbath - Sabbotage
Overkill - Horrorscope
Flotsam and Jetsam - No Place for Disgrace

Theres a few others, but drawing a blank. :)

how about you guys? any old tunes really hitting you hard right now? if not, how have you guys been? keeping healthy?

Operation: Mindcrime has REALLY been hitting hard the last week or so, loving revisiting it.
I’ve recently revisited Queensryche’s EP, and that is still my favorite.
Sabbath’s “Born Again” also. Such a dark, eerie sounding album, and Ian Gillan is masterful on it.
Also Flotsam’s “Doomsday.” Perfect album in every way.
Metal Church S/T
Alcatrazz “No Parole From Rock and Roll”
Celtic Frost “Morbid Tales”

Funny Queensryche comes up.
Been listening to older stuff from them.
‘Gonna get close to you’
:thumbsup:
Damn what a dark song. Needs to be listened though Cranked thru a good system to get the vibe. :rock:

Juggernaut":ttuh9ooi said:

Same.

Also dug out some legacy Cheap Trick, The Cars, The Police - shit like that.

Mailman1971":2n6ce79o said:
Funny Queensryche comes up.
Been listening to older stuff from them.
‘Gonna get close to you’
:thumbsup:
Damn what a dark song. Needs to be listened though Cranked thru a good system to get the vibe. :rock:

Yes. I have Rage for Order on vinyl. Their version of that song is fantastic. I dare say it's even better than the original by Lisa Dalbello.

glpg80":3ilsun4h said:
How you been dude? Haven't seen you in a minute - granted I don't hang around like I used to :)

Hey man, been good, yeah, I've lurked alot on here without posting, but getting back more into playing again, rebuilt my partially built pedalboard tonight, other than that just work and sleep mostly. How are you?

Steinmetzify":1j3nwa54 said:
Worked thru most of CV19 (essential personnel and all that) but got into an auto accident on 5/22 and it separated my left shoulder; had bought a guitar couple days before and it showed up two days after the accident. Tried it out just to make sure it was working etc....and put it back in the case. Ibby RGA121, pretty light guitar, all things considered, but I could barely lift it. Needed something to play that wasn’t as fast as what I usually do.

Talked to Rob Ridner, he recommended a shit ton of old NOLA stuff; Acid Bath, older Crowbar, Eyehategod and Down. Also Maeth and Khemmis on the list.

Was listening to a lot of that while recuperating, and got into it pretty heavy, it’s interesting to me having grown up listening to speed metal how this is slower but just as heavy.

Redoing my rig, bought a bunch of fuzzes, think I decided on a Viper and I’m looking at Orange amps lol

Been a good time.

Right on, yeah, I've worked through it all as well, but keep to myself outside of there. Some of that NOLA stuff is pretty damned good, I go down those rabbit holes myself.

Damn man, hows the shoulder doing? didn't know that happened to ya. that sucks...

So, what are you doing to your rig? going stoner metal? ;) you can't play that on that star, you should let it go. :D

Juggernaut":3joi4abs said:
Steinmetzify":3joi4abs said:

Been a good time.

Right on, yeah, I've worked through it all as well, but keep to myself outside of there. Some of that NOLA stuff is pretty damned good, I go down those rabbit holes myself.

Damn man, hows the shoulder doing? didn't know that happened to ya. that sucks...

So, what are you doing to your rig? going stoner metal? ;) you can't play that on that star, you should let it go. :D

Nice segue Mike! It’s good to see you on here brother.

Re the Star, I got a WTB ad up for a Viper, if I can find one I’ll hit you up. I’m keeping that Fishman tho, you’d need to chuck something else in there, I put a lot of time in on that pickup and don’t want to let it go.

Steinmetzify":3i3ocxcd said:
Juggernaut":3i3ocxcd said:
Steinmetzify":3i3ocxcd said:

Been a good time.

Nice segue Mike! It’s good to see you on here brother.

Re the Star, I got a WTB ad up for a Viper, if I can find one I’ll hit you up. I’m keeping that Fishman tho, you’d need to chuck something else in there, I put a lot of time in on that pickup and don’t want to let it go.

:LOL: :LOL: you know I couldn't say hi without bugging ya about that star. ;) Let me know, Fishman is no biggie, I'll find a replacement.

Good to see you too, no longer on social media, so I'll probably be around here abit more. my schedule keeps me on nights, so I mostly post then, when nobody is here. LOL

I just recently got an updated preamp called the "Sprout" to use with my vinyl. Sounds amazing. Been listening to some of this stuff:

- Cheap Trick Live at Budokan (my first record as a kid)
- Rolling Stones "Sticky Fingers"
- Metallica
- Queen

A lot more. Some of the new vinyl (180 gram, etc.) just sounds unbelievable. When I put some of those on, I hear zero pops, no noise, etc. It is crazy!

Been revisiting Vicious Rumors, "Digital Dictator" from 88. Just a killer metal album that never got mainstream recognition. It's putting me back in the late 80's metal mood, haven't listened to the first 2 Annihilator albums in a long time, they're up next.

Back