Honestly...Is The MOP Tone Really That Amazing?

I really like the songwriting on MOP..and a nod to Justice for songwriting as well....but I like the more raw aggressive tone on RTL. MOP almost seems a bit too polished after RTL.

2c++ topped of with a José , this my fav Metallica tone

Tones killer… but damn, from the black album on Metallica makes me upset just hearing it lol. I think to the thrash band that got me playing guitar in the first place then this new direction of hard bob rock they went… ugh just disappoints me.

Not for me. AJFA is the money for me. Black Album has nice tones too.
Where did you get that “topped by a Jose” thing from?
Agreed. For me AJFA was definitely the peak of Metallica, although “Hit The Lights” is still one of my favorite songs by them despite not caring much for they first album as much. Black Album had some nice tones, I agree, but that’s when they started imo going downhill

Agreed. For me AJFA was definitely the peak of Metallica, although “Hit The Lights” is still one of my favorite songs by them despite not caring much for they first album as much. Black Album had some nice tones, I agree, but that’s when they started imo going downhill
Dyers eve vs of wolf and msn . Can’t pick

For me it would be Dyers Eve without question. What would be hard to pick for me would be that vs Blackened. Those songs are what inspired me to get into the c+ and marks in general more so than MOP
I like justice and black album Betty than puppies

I really like the songwriting on MOP..and a nod to Justice for songwriting as well....but I like the more raw aggressive tone on RTL. MOP almost seems a bit too polished after RTL.
I'm happy somebody mentioned the RTL guitar sounds. Really muscular and ripping Marshall tones on that record for sure. Sounds totally different from everything else they have done: tones and overall production.

Last edited:
Consider returning your car.

On a serious note, imo car audio systems have a factory layout that is not really amendable by eq (the eq is quite limited anyway). Their defaut setting nowadays is probably best suited for Beyonce, not for MOP.

RTL was 2nd favorite Metallica album song-wise, but tone-wise I didn’t like it as much. It always sounded way too bloated in the midrange to me and more dated sounding vs the 2 albums that came after

Last edited:
Back