Hopkins Pandora Updated Circuit Single Channel

NewReligion

Hello to all and thank you for checking in.

I have made a couple changes to my Pandora circuit that really accents the growl without loosing articulation.

This is built on a post 1984 JCM 800 Series 1987 Model. I am not a fan of these PCB’s so when modding to high gain on this platform much of the work is true point to point circuitry in order to avoid a coplanar layout which well may and often does result in unwanted capacitance causing unwanted mid frequencies IMO.
(Reference - Ken Fischer/Trainwreck Amplification RIP).

In fact I am a proponent of Point to Point as much as possible when modifying in order to customize & stabilize lead dress.

Having ones own entire board laid out populated to Spec such as our friend Monomyth is ideal when perfecting a high gain circuit, (Killer work Shea).

There will always be those that will insist on a close mic or a dry signal, or the opposite. So this is what it is. It is not manipulated & is through an actual 4X12 V30 cab.

Best to all, David

Sounds great! I like my #10 Pandora enough though to not feel like I need the update. Instead, I should probably just pick up another with the update!

Sounds great! I like my #10 Pandora enough though to not feel like I need the update. Instead, I should probably just pick up another with the update!

Thank you fek

Just say the word as the repeat customer will apply.

I am greatful for taking tome to listen post.

David

Cool! I love that we are getting some different mods and variety out here... Everybody wins!

It's great to hear various philosophies and ideas as well. There's so many ways to accomplish things.

Cool! I love that we are getting some different mods and variety out here... Everybody wins!

It's great to hear various philosophies and ideas as well. There's so many ways to accomplish things.

Hello RedPlated

Thank you for the great support of all the talented techs that offer the modifications in an attempt to deliver requested work.

Much appreciation & best regards.

David Hopkins

Sounds great David, if you're ever looking to move one of those JMPs let me know !

The 70’s JMP’s are family now lol and thank you for the kind words.

I do have a 90’s reissue JMP small box Plexi upgraded Pandora with a Metro Loop about ready to go up for sale.

PM me if you have interest.

Thanks again, David

Back