Bought these two, this year; first is mine, second was for my son. :D

Attachments

• B86CD586-3E05-4F42-A93E-489EE6F96926.jpeg
    B86CD586-3E05-4F42-A93E-489EE6F96926.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 50
  • E6DD85FE-C182-4691-8D35-AA007B135AFA.jpeg
    E6DD85FE-C182-4691-8D35-AA007B135AFA.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 49
Right when COV-19 hit, I started doing recordings, etc. and playing along to songs. I got a Keeley ECCOS pedal to be able to play along to a loop.

I continued the Keeley addiction and my Mom got me a Seafoam chorus for my birthday and then picked up a Keeley reverb pedal.

I was laying pretty low for awhile with the gear purchases but then EVH died and I kind of went on a mini-spree. LOL. I picked up an EVH EL-34 50-watt, then bought a used Peavey Wolfgang from Buckeyedog. To fill in the gaps, I picked up an EVH Phase 90. :)

Waiting for my Chubtone to be completed in a few months and will start out 2021 nicely. :)

Nice ! What kind of neck profile does the JS have? I can't deal with the Wizard HP's.

not sure... here are the dimensions:

• Scale :
  • 648mm/25.5"
  • a : Width
  • 42.8mm at NUT
  • b : Width
  • 56.4mm at 21F
  • c : Thickness
  • 20mm at 1F
  • d : Thickness
  • 22.3mm at 12F
  • Radius :
  • 250mmR

it seems more like a Strat, not as fat as a Suhr Modern, but very comfortable.

I bought no gear in 2020 besides guitar strings and picks. This year should be similar.

Oh... i did bail a lot of shit out of the pawn shop... not going there again.

Bought
Esp snakebyte white
Mark IV
Mark iii modded to iii+
ksr 2x12
I’m debating on buying a ksr or omega amp this year

I built a boatload of spare parts guitars this year and had a blast. I also sourced 8 NOS Groove Tube EL34-Bs which are true, legit, Dual Halo Getter Teslas (not JJ). Big. Fat. Juicy. Please don’t redplate... yet...

I have to say I'm in pretty good shape. There's not much I GAS for (anymore). I kinda want a Burns Brian May guitar and I've long wanted a Suhr PT100. But otherwise, well, I don't GAS for anything. Sometimes I get ready to do another amp clone build, but I can't justify it at all.

Here goes:

Started the year

Prs DGT
Fender Elite Strat
Gibson Les Paul studio
Fractal AX8

Finished the year

PRS 594
PRS Brent Mason
Musicman Axis super sport
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Two Rock Traditional Clean Head and cab
Pedal Board - tuner, Wampler Euphoria, Cornerstone Gladio, JHS AT+, Friedman Dirty Shirley, Marvel Drive 3, Kerley Katana Boost, Neumaber Wet, Foxgear Echosexbaby
Backup rig - HX Stomp

Gear I’ve been through in between

Victory V40
Suhr Bella
Fender 68 custom deluxe
Two Rock Gainmaster
Pedals - Bogner Blue, JHS Angry Charlie, JHS AT, Wampler Pinnacle and plexi Drive, OCD, Thorpyfx The Dane, J Rockett The Dude and HRM, Friedman BE-OD

Plans for this year
Sell the PRS Brent Mason and Axis and get a Friedman Vintage S and replaced the Dirty Shirley pedal with a small box pedal.

I went through some big changes... went all digital with the Helix to Friedman Runt to JJ back to EVH 5150 iii... love it!

As far as guitars, bought and sold a ton, but ended up with these two:

Ibanez JS 2450... absolute perfection

HKmUwi2.jpg

Whoa that JS is hot! Congrats!!!

Those JS Ibanez are always so sexy.

Lots of changes but bottom line is the tone I had today is more satisfying than a year ago and I had fun it was a welcome distraction getting there. Pretty much everything else about this year sucked tho (thank you captain obvious).

For me the 'brought most smiles' award goes to this homebrew ('68-spec Superbass).
20200718-191552.jpg[img]
More purple goodness! Nice one. :thumbsup:

Those JS Ibanez are always so sexy.

Lots of changes but bottom line is the tone I had today is more satisfying than a year ago and I had fun it was a welcome distraction getting there. Pretty much everything else about this year sucked tho (thank you captain obvious).

For me the 'brought most smiles' award goes to this homebrew ('68-spec Superbass).
20200718-191552.jpg[img]

Back