How to ship flight cases?

peckhart

I have an amp head case and a pedal board in a hard flight case I need to ship. Is there any reason for them to be inside a box? What have ya'll done?

I would imagine a box is necessary to prevent scratches and dents. I have never shipped one myself but I should be getting one in the mail very soon. Possibly tomorrow. I can report back with how it showed up if no other replies by then.

That's their whole purpose man. Bands don't box up road cases to put on the truck. You do have keys for them? Put the label on it and ship .

I shipped a Boogie MK111 and a matching 1x2. Both in flight cases.

This is a pain but I wrapped and taped all sides in cardboard .
Then taped shit out of the ball end corners.
Never got a complaint and it went from Pittsbugh to Cali. without a issue.

Contemplating maybe that stretch wrap stuff around it. That way it has some protection and a place for labels so the buyer doesn't have to peel them off the case.

I have not done it, but I would probably do what John4021 said. Not box, just cover the sides and do a little bit bit more for the corners.

LP Freak":2mgmnbsp said:
Put zip ties on the latches so they don’t open and slap a label on it
This times 100

I have been the shipper and receiver on flight cases. Just pack em tight INSIDE! :rock:

LP Freak":1fbs7aee said:
Put zip ties on the latches so they don’t open and slap a label on it
This. And, maybe run tape around the seam and over the zip tied latches. This is how my C+ Coli came to me; the case was still mint when it arrived here in Wi from the west coast.

unless its a brand new road case being shipped to you, the road case IS the box. Thats what its there for. as others said, zip tie and tape up the locks, tape the label on, peace out!

I shipped a rolling 2 amp head/9 space rack and pedal shelf to a member here. I taped cardboard around the black tolex , left the handles out and rolled in into fedex. Worked like a charm. I would put anything in a box with bubble wrap over it regardless. It's not the same as a roadie or musician loading it on a trailer. It's on a conveyer with a gazillion boxes and getting tossed around.

Goat":16jfpdl5 said:
Pristine roads cases, faux aged guitars...

All my road cases are beat up, that's what they're supposed to look like, but with new foam inside.

As for the guitars, never did get the aged/authentic chipping thing on finishes. But hey, it's not my money, do what you want!

Scumback Speakers":jhw2uiiv said:
Goat":jhw2uiiv said:

All my road cases are beat up, that's what they're supposed to look like, but with new foam inside.

As for the guitars, never did get the aged/authentic chipping thing on finishes. But hey, it's not my money, do what you want!

You mean like this?
nBj1Qoxl.jpg

Scumback Speakers":3to0lr9a said:
Goat":3to0lr9a said:

I know.... I've seen your studio. :thumbsup:

Back