Moving this week...trust putting amps and cab in moving truck?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Metalhex
  • Start date Start date
Metalhex

Metalhex

Well-known member
Or bring them in my car? I dont like either option as I dont have any road cases or any cases at all. I dont have many blankets or similar in this house right now. The movers are coming tomorrow, should I trusy the big boys in their hands? They're not Wizards by anything boutique... I have a Valveking 100w and my 6505+ 120w. But still.

Personally I dont like the idea of putting my amps and my mesa 4x12 in the moving truck with them, but at the same time it would clear up space in my car so I can fill it with other shit and make fewer trips. If I put them in the truck should I make sure they wrap and secure these extra? Will they charge me an extra $100+ to do that and is it worth it?

Or should I just schlep it all myself? In which case Id be taking the cab from my house and figuring out how to get it down some stairs and into my car. I suppose I can ask a mover to help me if I needed to..
 
Don't take the risk...
If you are questioning it already then you already know the answer..
Just move them yourself...
A bed frame or dresser is one thing. Your guitar stuff..nope...
And if they do damage something they always try to weasel out of it or pay you so much money per pound?.. or some hijinx like that.
Movers did that crap with me when they ripped the top control board section off my newer washing machine. They said it weighed "this much" so they pay out according to that.
I ended up only getting 150 bucks back on a wrecked 600 dollar washing machine. ☹️
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto what they said. Tbt I wouldn't trust movers to move fuck all worth money. I had a bad experience on one long distance move, and said never fucking again. I've rented trucks, and did the shit myself ever since. If it's a short hall then definitely do it yourself.
 
if you have a choice personally I wouldn't risk it. Equipment is equipment and its not cheap. So whether I take a few trips. Get an Uber for it. Hire one of those task rabbit people. Or pack in my own car or a friend's van.

If I dont have a choice. Id package it like its going to the Helen Keller fed ex store. Secure it crazily.
 
I’d take the things I could not recover or that the government would have some interest toward. ALL GUNS with me. Thank God I have not had to do this. If you have an FFL, rules are that you need to protect them under lock and key at all times. Then the high end amps. The others can go on the bus.
 
Alright, extra trips it is! Its a 35 minute drive. Its definitely doable. I know companies have to make money but you know what, I have to keep as much of my money that I can. Everyone gives you a quote that makes you comfortable with the price. Then they start tacking on all this other shit at the end!
 
Last edited:
Cabs should be fine as moving trucks are usually packed and not moving around much
Amps probably too, but would try to put that in my car in case there is a leak and everything gets wet inside (that happened to me) or they put it on top of a stack and it falls
 
How far is the move
You can rent a one way Uhaul and throw your car on a trailer.

Ive done that a few times especially with the Mach where i didn't want to push it too far. No pun intended 😂
 
How far is the move
You can rent a one way Uhaul and throw your car on a trailer.

Ive done that a few times especially with the Mach where i didn't want to push it too far. No pun intended 😂
I've done this one myself.
 

Similar threads

M
Replies
13
Views
2K
stratjacket
stratjacket
H
Replies
3
Views
470
Hooligan
H
BlueParfait
Replies
17
Views
916
Fiesta Red
Fiesta Red
Kapo_Polenton
Replies
7
Views
1K
7704A
7704A
Back
Top