I calculated up I have 30K of gear last night.

kannibul

I calculated up, for insurance reasons, that I have 30K of gear, and that's using MF pricing, not MSRP, except on things that were custom-ordered that without a shitload of digging, I won't be able to find what I paid for it...

Holy crap.

kannibul":2o0jimji said:
I calculated up, for insurance reasons, that I have 30K of gear, and that's using MF pricing, not MSRP, except on things that were custom-ordered that without a shitload of digging, I won't be able to find what I paid for it...

Holy crap.

When I valued my gear for insurance purposes I went with used values. I'd probably pass out if I figured out new retail for what I have. I know my insurance agent nearly shat a brick when I presented her with the spreadsheet. My insurance is through some place in Nashville that specializes in musician insurance, it's around $600 a year.

Pete

I came up with a higher number at used prices a few months back. Have been buying a little & selling a lot since, that's fuckin insanity. I would guess I'm near your number at used prices now. :doh:

I was pretty close to that at one point. Now I only have about $20K (amount that I've spent) in gear. And thats a bedroom rig. :LOL: :LOL:

30K 'aint that much for replacement value. A couple (okay, a few) nice amps and guitars and you're there. That's about what I am insured for. Insurance is much cheaper for hobbyists. If you take your stuff into a "commercial environment" (or at least, according to my insurance company) then, you need a different kind of policy. I suspect like Stratotone has. BTW Strato, PM me a link or phone for your insurer in Nashville?

Anybody want to add this all up for me?!?!?!? :confused: :LOL: :LOL:
BTW, the 1957 Les Paul Special is authentic.

Guitar%20pics%20002.jpg

014.JPG

Guitar%20pics%20018.jpg

Tele%20003.JPG

Soloist%20001.JPG

Pedal%20Board%20008.JPG

Pedal%20Board%20010.JPG

DSC00972.JPG

DSC00974.JPG

DSC00976.JPG

DSC00980.JPG

My away from home practice set-up.
003.JPG

My BYOC Fully Loaded Phaser I built.
Phull%20Phaser%20010cp.jpg
Phull%20Phaser%20013.JPG

Phull%20Phaser%20006.JPG
Phull%20Phaser%20007.JPG

Phull%20Phaser%20008.JPG
Phull%20Phaser%20009.JPG

There are some misc. pedals and rack gear not pictured (Bogner/Halfer Triple Giant, AnalogMan Mojo modded DOD 250+, Monte Allums SD-1, etc) but you get the idea.

It doesn't really matter how much gear you own, what matters is how much you work your ass off to afford it or at least pay the minimum payments. If it's no burden then having millions worth of gear is perfectly fine. Now if' you've got all that shit & you're killing yourself for it, that's a problem.

I'm embarrased to say how much I have in my gear.
I don't have any payments and I own all of it but last time I added up the prices I felt a little stupid having that amount in gear.

I have around 10K (counting studio stuff) I feel ok because I have more than that saved in my bank account, plus I have investments too.

if I'd have all that money parked and NO savings at all, then I'd feel terrible :(

nbarts":s23piuwy said:
It doesn't really matter how much gear you own, what matters is how much you work your ass off to afford it or at least pay the minimum payments. If it's no burden then having millions worth of gear is perfectly fine. Now if' you've got all that shit & you're killing yourself for it, that's a problem.

Eh, all my stuff is paid for. I haven't bought gear on credit in a LONG time. My equipment is basically an investment. I'd rather have a lot of money tied up in gear that I can play and enjoy than stocks that could tank overnight. If you buy gear wisely and used, you can generally get your money back if you need to or even a few bucks ahead. Wife and I hit some hard times financially several years ago and I had to sell some gear - it sucked but hey, it came in handy and I got a little more for the gear than I paid.

Pete

again with this":1sna59wz said:
30K 'aint that much for replacement value. A couple (okay, a few) nice amps and guitars and you're there. That's about what I am insured for. Insurance is much cheaper for hobbyists. If you take your stuff into a "commercial environment" (or at least, according to my insurance company) then, you need a different kind of policy. I suspect like Stratotone has. BTW Strato, PM me a link or phone for your insurer in Nashville?

I'll have to look it up - I only remember their name for a few days after I send them a check. I need to revise my gear list that I send them - added quite a few pieces.

Pete

Hey, I don't understand what are we suppose to base the figures on? Retail value? Re-sale value? What If you are endorsed?

I guess I am at 15k Guitar 100k studio?
I have a 40k tape machine. but I paid less than 40k for it..lol So umm..?

I have $35,000 worth of insurance on my guitars and amps. I did mine through a place out east called Heritage. They handled everything and the policy itself was written by Hartford. It covers the stuff if it's on stage, in a closet, or in the car. No deductible and the premium is $300 per year. Their customer service was fantastic....I'd HIGHLY recommend them.

Link:

http://www.musicins.com/

kannibul":e8cshsfu said:

Holy crap.

Can I have your address?

Back