I calculated up I have 30K of gear last night.

Death by Uberschall":1ggvygev said:
There are some misc. pedals and rack gear not pictured (Bogner/Halfer Triple Giant, AnalogMan Mojo modded DOD 250+, Monte Allums SD-1, etc) but you get the idea.

When I move to Baton Rouge here pretty soon, I want to come by and play your SLO. I've never plugged into one.

Marshall Freak":38oq6iya said:
Do most of the insurance companies work with Vintage gear? how's that work?

Heritage, the company I use, allows you to put your own value on things and that's what the premium is based on. If the valuation gets up into the stratosphere, like if you had a 50's Strat or Les Paul, then they require an official appraisal from somebody like Gruhn. However, for 99% of the stuff out there, you can say it's worth whatever you want. I have some really rare as well as vintage stuff, but no one item is worth more than about $3500, so I just made up a value and they went with it. They'll insure anything for any amount, but your premium will fluctuate based on that.

Zachman":dtoen7zg said:
Thanks... yup 100% positive that it's covered, during transport via automobile, marine, or via air. My policy even covers lost wages.

Mine is very similar. None of this "Well, you played a bar mitzvah 20 years ago so you're a professional and therefore not covered." exclusionary BS that you get with homeowner's or renter's insurance.

RaceU4her":j5lo7i1m said:
Death by Uberschall":j5lo7i1m said:
RaceU4her":j5lo7i1m said:
Death by Uberschall":j5lo7i1m said:
Anybody want to add this all up for me?!?!?!? :confused: :LOL: :LOL:
BTW, the 1957 Les Paul Special is authentic.

ill take that strait randall 2x12 if you dont want it
Ummm, let me think,............. that would be a negatory, I'm keeping it. :thumbsup:

shit! i have the top and cant find the bottom. thats my favorite cab
They are out there, just gotta stumble on to one. That Randall rig was my first amp/cabs purchase and I played it for years while I was developing my chops. Too much sentimental value to let it go.

Dale B":3bkwwc64 said:
Death by Uberschall":3bkwwc64 said:
There are some misc. pedals and rack gear not pictured (Bogner/Halfer Triple Giant, AnalogMan Mojo modded DOD 250+, Monte Allums SD-1, etc) but you get the idea.

When I move to Baton Rouge here pretty soon, I want to come by and play your SLO. I've never plugged into one.
I'm thinking we need an AMP FEST!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Zachman":16tt9bnl said:
kannibul":16tt9bnl said:
again with this":16tt9bnl said:
30K 'aint that much for replacement value. A couple (okay, a few) nice amps and guitars and you're there. That's about what I am insured for. Insurance is much cheaper for hobbyists. If you take your stuff into a "commercial environment" (or at least, according to my insurance company) then, you need a different kind of policy. I suspect like Stratotone has. BTW Strato, PM me a link or phone for your insurer in Nashville?

The word is "Inland Marine" policy - Clarion is who I'm going through - and I think Iv'e got a good rate going at $0.85/$100.

I started doing MSRP so I could make sure to be able to get shit if it was stolen/destroyed, however, that got insane real quick. Just 30K is more than I thought it'd be using MF prices by around 2x.

Shit, my Saturn kit is 10K. I had no idea - lol.

Congrats. The cost for insurance just for my rack, to be sent from California to Hawaii-- was more than the policy from Clarion, which insures ALL my gear for the whole year-- against fire, flood, earthquake, theft, and damage during transport.

Except when it was on the boat to Hawaii! :)

You have to have soem other insurance for that stuff. If the boat sank, well, SOL would say Clarion! :)

NOPE, Specifically inquired about that as my stuff travels for shows.

I don't know the specifics enough to say with 100% certainty, but you may want to check that it covers oceanic transit. maybe your policy covers it, but, from what I know of inland-marine policies, it covers anything non-oceanic transit...

Thanks... yup 100% positive that it's covered, during transport via automobile, marine, or via air. My policy even covers lost wages.

You're through the same company I am...you may want to check. Just sayin...(and I'm leaving it alone at this point...)

Marshall Freak":3v4xv8kc said:
Do most of the insurance companies work with Vintage gear? how's that work?

w/ Clarion, if it's over 5K on any single instrument, they want an appraisal. If it's older than 10 years, they want an appraisal.

I have a 75 Les Paul Custom, that I've listed at 4K, since that's what it'd cost to replce it with a new one today. If it was appraised, it'd probably be higher...BUT...street value would be much lower.

As for that guitar, the only thing I'm worried about is a total loss due to fire/flood/tornado/theft with my house. I play it every once in a while, as it was my Dad's....but to be honest, it's not that great of a guitar. Needs a refret, and I'd love to swap pickups in it, and change out a number of things and make it a better guitar...but until my Dad is gone (hopefully not for a while...), I'm not supposed to "mess with it". Kind of gay, but, it is what it is.

Death by Uberschall":r6twcoi0 said:
Anybody want to add this all up for me?!?!?!? :confused: :LOL: :LOL:
BTW, the 1957 Les Paul Special is authentic.

Guitar%20pics%20002.jpg

014.JPG

Guitar%20pics%20018.jpg

Tele%20003.JPG

Soloist%20001.JPG

Pedal%20Board%20008.JPG

Pedal%20Board%20010.JPG

DSC00972.JPG

DSC00974.JPG

DSC00976.JPG

DSC00980.JPG

My away from home practice set-up.
003.JPG

My BYOC Fully Loaded Phaser I built.
Phull%20Phaser%20010cp.jpg
Phull%20Phaser%20013.JPG

Phull%20Phaser%20006.JPG
Phull%20Phaser%20007.JPG

Phull%20Phaser%20008.JPG
Phull%20Phaser%20009.JPG

I'm always lookin for a good deal on Hamer Cali's.....hehehe :)

kannibul":1a6xm19h said:
Zachman":1a6xm19h said:
again with this":1a6xm19h said:
30K 'aint that much for replacement value. A couple (okay, a few) nice amps and guitars and you're there. That's about what I am insured for. Insurance is much cheaper for hobbyists. If you take your stuff into a "commercial environment" (or at least, according to my insurance company) then, you need a different kind of policy. I suspect like Stratotone has. BTW Strato, PM me a link or phone for your insurer in Nashville?

The word is "Inland Marine" policy - Clarion is who I'm going through - and I think Iv'e got a good rate going at $0.85/$100.

I started doing MSRP so I could make sure to be able to get shit if it was stolen/destroyed, however, that got insane real quick. Just 30K is more than I thought it'd be using MF prices by around 2x.

Shit, my Saturn kit is 10K. I had no idea - lol.

Congrats. The cost for insurance just for my rack, to be sent from California to Hawaii-- was more than the policy from Clarion, which insures ALL my gear for the whole year-- against fire, flood, earthquake, theft, and damage during transport.

Except when it was on the boat to Hawaii! :)

You have to have soem other insurance for that stuff. If the boat sank, well, SOL would say Clarion! :)

NOPE, Specifically inquired about that as my stuff travels for shows.

I don't know the specifics enough to say with 100% certainty, but you may want to check that it covers oceanic transit. maybe your policy covers it, but, from what I know of inland-marine policies, it covers anything non-oceanic transit...

You're through the same company I am...you may want to check. Just sayin...(and I'm leaving it alone at this point...)

It was an addition to the standard policy, I have the policy which specifically addresses marine transportation. Thanks

The exception would be an act of terrorism

Death by Uberschall":1ohcklo0 said:
Dale B":1ohcklo0 said:
Death by Uberschall":1ohcklo0 said:

I'm thinking we need an AMP FEST!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah, we could do that. ;)

kannibul":3vr21vpk said:
I calculated up, for insurance reasons, that I have 30K of gear, and that's using MF pricing, not MSRP, except on things that were custom-ordered that without a shitload of digging, I won't be able to find what I paid for it...

Holy crap.

n00b

I sold all my gear for school money over the summer, and spent around 2500 on a 'budget' rig.

how does one go about getting musician's insurance?
Do you actually have to be a working musician? Say I have a hobby studio?
M

Back