I calculated up I have 30K of gear last night.

TheEternal":3vx6a65f said:
Holy Crap!!! Your either single or have the coolest wife on the planet..
kurtsstuff":3vx6a65f said:
I'm always lookin for a good deal on Hamer Cali's.....hehehe :)
I really wish people would learn how to edit out the pics when quoting someone that's posted 19 freakin pics.. :no: :thumbsdown:

It is easy to tie up some coin in music gear, that said, you can drop 35K for just one out Harley. ;) Just in what makes you happy. Money has a way of seeming to go away. The money I have spent on gear and bikes has not gotten lost like the money in the stock market or house. I would guess most guys that own their house have lost more on the house value in the last 3 years than the total they spent on gear. Oh yeah, and then after wall street squanderd away billions of our investments, they get paid back and we get nothing..... another topic right there.... sorry fucks....

Anyway, enjoy the gear! I see it as an anti-stress therapy outlet. A time jamming with friends and a nice bike ride for an afternoon is great sanity therapy.

Guns and Musician gear…….. :LOL: :LOL: A lot, shocked the hell out of me when I sat down last year and added it up. I have sold quite a bit since then and upgraded but usually come out ahead when I sell so it is an investment for me, and therapy :D Guns I dont sell ;)

whenever I think i have too much gear, I just need to pull up "Death by Uberschall's" pics and realize I am in the minor leagues!

AWESOME COLLECTION!

t-rave":2iaxehvw said:
whenever I think i have too much gear, I just need to pull up "Death by Uberschall's" pics and realize I am in the minor leagues!

AWESOME COLLECTION!
+1 :yes:

lots of good info in this thread.

30K, 50K, even 100K only get you in the door with some hobbies like drag racing, restoring vintage muscle, or restoring vintage drag racers.

250K isnt to much spent on guitars and amps :D

t-rave":20vhj1g9 said:

AWESOME COLLECTION!
It took a lifetime to put that collection together. Unfortunately it only took one night for some thieves to reduce it greatly. :cry:

Death by Uberschall":g46ue3n5 said:
t-rave":g46ue3n5 said:

AWESOME COLLECTION!
It took a lifetime to put that collection together. Unfortunately it only took one night for some thieves to reduce it greatly. :cry:

Those sort of things have a way of coming back to people that do terrible things. You may not know when it happens, but it will. Still sucks in a soul defiling way. I suffered 2 significant irreversable losses that go beyond money in the last 12 months. It is easy to dwell on the losses for a short time, but I am not a compilation of all the bad shit that has happened to me. We survive, learn any lessons possible, and move on. Sometimes we move on a bit broken, beat, and scarred as the song goes, but we go on.

But I gotta say...... I would be ballistic over that thievery for a while..... rock on brother, they will get the payback in time, one way or the other.

Heritage Softail":1v99t82s said:
Death by Uberschall":1v99t82s said:
t-rave":1v99t82s said:

AWESOME COLLECTION!

Those sort of things have a way of coming back to people that do terrible things. You may not know when it happens, but it will. Still sucks in a soul defiling way. I suffered 2 significant irreversable losses that go beyond money in the last 12 months. It is easy to dwell on the losses for a short time, but I am not a compilation of all the bad shit that has happened to me. We survive, learn any lessons possible, and move on. Sometimes we move on a bit broken, beat, and scarred as the song goes, but we go on.

But I gotta say...... I would be ballistic over that thievery for a while..... rock on brother, they will get the payback in time, one way or the other.
I haven't forgotten, even though I've purchased two Gibby's in the past week, that gear is still on my mind in a bad way.

HerbieBoogie":i58vgkqg said:
i cant handle this thread.

i only have 6k worth of equipment... i cant handle anymore.

i have about the same invested :aww: ....

i wasnt even gonna post until i saw you post your amount...

MYLILSS":3s7507xy said:
HerbieBoogie":3s7507xy said:
i cant handle this thread.

i only have 6k worth of equipment... i cant handle anymore.

i have about the same invested :aww: ....

i wasnt even gonna post until i saw you post your amount...

it's all good man! :D

most people dont even have 6k worth. most people i know dont exceed 3k.

just keep jamming with ur kt66s!

Last time I did an insurance true-up I almost soiled myself. You don't realize how it stacks up 2-4K at a time, but it sure does...

oldmanmetal":3uin8zlm said:
kannibul":3uin8zlm said:
I calculated up, for insurance reasons, that I have 30K of gear, and that's using MF pricing, not MSRP, except on things that were custom-ordered that without a shitload of digging, I won't be able to find what I paid for it...

Holy crap.

n00b

Wow, I guess you enjoy searching for things I post.

racerevlon":n5ia6lla said:
Last time I did an insurance true-up I almost soiled myself. You don't realize how it stacks up 2-4K at a time, but it sure does...

Yep, I have to remind myself to keep updating my policy - then I get an invoice...then I pay it...then I get something else, etc.

:doh:

Back