I see a lot of new faces here

Hello there.

What is your favorite amplifier and why?
For me, my favorite amplifier just so happens to be my current rig (Suhr PT-15-IR), what a coincidence! Seriously, it is a great amp, and the clean channel takes distortion pedals better than any amp I have ever had, so if the hot-rodded Marshall tone is not quite enough, either a boost to that (which can be phenomenal, or a Diezel pedal on the clean channel will do the job very well (their VH4 and Herbert pedals are excellent).

H&K Triamp MKII gets a shout-out, 2 of those made for a killer live sound.

The Tubemeister Deluxe 40 that I recently got is also really great. I probably would not choose to lug the Triamp around now that I have the Deluxe 40.

Soldano SLO was great. I sold it due to the shared EQ and went to the Triamp, but it has such a great overdriven/distorted tone.

Mesa Trem-o-verb. Dunno why, but I have always preferred these to the standard Dual Rectifier.

I think those are my favorites out of what I have actually owned.

meh.

seems I joined RT in 2008. It's been awhile since I've been here. Permabanned from TGP several years ago.

I've been a member here for a few years, but as an ex-rack-using bassist (about a billion years ago), I always felt a bit out of place. Anyhow, after a couple of temp bans from the clowns at TGP, I've gone ahead and perma-banned myself. Badge of honour, in my eyes.

Anyhow, I play just guitar and baritone these days, and am putting a couple of small-ish racks together to cover the W in two different W/D/W setups.

Last edited:
Joined in 2014, posted a few times and then completely forgot about the forum.

By accident found it again when i started looking for Wizard amps

Hi everyone! Long time listener, first time caller.
I’m finding TGP less and less pleasant these days so I’m broadening my horizons.
I like the legend of Zelda, building tube amps and praising “plugging straight in” while secretly buying pedals I’ll never use

I'm a older new face ........ came over when it started because HC was hitting rock bottom and everyone was bailing .....

was on pretty much every day ... till I had to switch jobs and no longer sat in front of a computer all day ...

The old HC Amp Forum was the shit though .... for a while anyway

^ welcome (back) griff!

I took a stab at answering your Splawn footswitch question. Hope it helps. Hope to see ya' round.

^ welcome (back) griff!

I took a stab at answering your Splawn footswitch question. Hope it helps. Hope to see ya' round.
ahhhh cool ..... I will check that out .... I'm in love with the amp ! The manual I found online mentions nothing about the mode button .

I see a lot of new faces here. Just wondering why?

Dudes with 10 - 200 posts that I just don't recognize. Curious if you dudes are posting more on R-T because TGP is lame? Is it because you feel like you can express yourself better here without backlash? Is it because you dudes are just trying to get to 50 posts so you can B/S/T? Are you dudes just getting back into guitar again after a break?

Just curious.

I mean if you are, then welcome to R-T. :yes: Post up. Tell us your story. Most of us regulars really like this place and we pretty much all get along real well, even when we disagree. We have very little spam/trolling as well. We have kick ass Mods too - which helps. Carry on.
I I sold a Avatar cab out of my rental fleet to a cat,and new friend that turned me onto the site.. ..so now I'm here

Back