Insomnia / odd sleep patterns - anyone else?

tonedover

So i really have trouble sleeping some nights. Example. Its 245am and ive been up since 645am yesterday. Completely wired too.

I have melatonin chews, tylenol pm and even prescription trazadone. Sometimes they dont work. Like my mind powers through it.
BUT when they do work i sleep too long and am worthless the next day. - feel almost stoned or something.

Then some nights like last night ill fall asleep at 9pm and sleep 11 hours…

Anyone have other home remedies or similar weird sleep patterns?

Do you look at your screen at night? Blue light from screens trick the brain into thinking it's a sunrise, so your body doesn't prepare for sleep.
I'd recommend improv guitar or a book before bed. Valerian root tea also works well, also lanvedar on a towel . Keep a routine of going to bed at the same time, and keep your bed area for sleeping only.
Finally you can request a non-sleeping pill style medication like Quitiapine, but obviously natural is best!
Good luck man, it's a tough time not being able to sleep.

Read some non-fiction books in bed, not on your phone. You need something interesting enough that you want to read it, but no so interesting that you can't put it down. Non-fiction usually hits that spot more easily than a mystery or action novel.

Also, do you go to sleep then wake up in the middle of the night unable to fall back asleep, or can you just not fall asleep at all?

If something is waking you up then you need to figure out the cause. Lights, sounds, too much caffeine, etc. Then you can address that with a sleep mask, ear plugs, no coffee after xx:00

Had the same issues forever. I’ve found turning on the bare min of lighting once the sun goes down along with not looking at a screens help a lot. Keeping a strict sleep schedule helps and cutting out coffee/ stims helps as well. Kratoms a decent option but can be addictive.

Yeah I've had sleep problems.

1). Make sure you're getting physical exercise every day, or at least every other.
2). Take a look at medications you take. Meds I used to take for blood pressure, made it where I couldn't sleep for shit.
3). No caffeine after 10am, or meth, or cocaine if that's your thing 😆
4). Lay off alcohol if you're a drinker.
5.) Stay off the inter webs at night, you need to be winding down, not thinking too much. Watch some stupid sitcom to turn your mind off.

I had serious issues with insomnia a few years back. Tried a shit ton if things, i always felt like i had 10 cofffees just before sleep and i literally averaged 2-3 hours per night for 2 years.
Was a walking zombie. I also had some issues with digestion no one could help me figure out. It took a while but ultimately i had been diagnosed with caseine allergy and an underlying histamine intolerabce which i thought was a ton of horseshit but after i changed my diet drastically i started sleeping again. I am getting 8-9hours easily but whats more important - uninterrupted and refreshing sleep. Which i did not get before. Even if i fell asleep for those two hours i felt like im still half awake.

With a ton of people sleep problems are a symptom of anxiety and depression and one can cause the other in a vicious loop thats so damn hard to break.

The one thing that helped me sleep during my worst onsets was a pill of benadryl. Its difficult to source where i live but it was a saving grace.

Also one thing that helped that worked almost 100% to fall asleep was to lay on the ground instead of my bed. I literally slept like a freakin afghani on my hard floor but for some people it helps. I was so desperate that i would have tried anything for an hour of rest. I would fall asleep at 1am and then wake up at 3 am and could not get back that was it.

My worst case was when i was up for 4 days straight not a single hour of sleep that was when i thought id kill myself or get a heart attack.

Always had problems to sleep when stressed. I usually try to distract my mind after dinner, and do no eat anymore before sleep. Drink water and chamomile. Exercise help for tiring the body, but not the mind. For me cold showers really help, and the Buteyko breathing method.

Also, epsom salt bath....Magnesium helps relax the mind and body. Take "Calm" supplement 30 minutes before bed or ZMA. Epsom Salt is magnesium, so probably don't do both together.

Ok this is sleep related so I will share. For whatever reason, I leave a new pair of socks at my bedside so when I wake up the next morning, I put my clean socks on and get out of bed.

So I NEVER go to bed with socks on..
Lately, for some strange reason, I am finding myself waking up with socks on, and I have NO memory of putting them on through the night LOL Not joking... wtf ? I am not a sleep walker either... how or why the fk would I put my socks on over night ? LOL

Ok this is sleep related so I will share. For whatever reason, I leave a new pair of socks at my bedside so when I wake up the next morning, I put my clean socks on and get out of bed.

Lately, for some strange reason, I am finding myself waking up with socks on, and I have NO memory of putting them on through the night LOL Not joking... wtf ? I am not a sleep walker either... how or why the fk would I put my socks on over night ? LOL
Are they on your feet or.....?

my patterns are all fucked up. getting worse as I get older. I also have sleep issues because of a couple medical conditions. They give me a big dose of ambien but I let my wife have it. Turns her in to a straight freak in the sack if she doesn't go to sleep. It's awesome....she basically roofies herself...

Try some breathe right nose strips. The older I've gotten, the more I wake myself up snoring. Didn't realize it until I tried the strips. Been much better.

You obviously are visited by the Soccubi.

Back