Jackson Ampworks: Introduction

Tone Merchant":r82369my said:
welcome to Rig Talk Brad.

Brad is a good friend of mine and a very talented amp designer. I cant wait 5to get his amps in the shop. :rock:

Thanks Rob! You'll be hearing from me soon! The amps that were supposed to go to you went to Robbie for the Mayer tour. Hope you understand. ;)

Mudder":78bi7v8q said:
Jackson Ampworks":78bi7v8q said:
projectx102":78bi7v8q said:
Welcome dude! Nice amps for sure! Just a word of advise,keep your shipping receipts handy and ready to post at a moments notice. :rock:

I'm sorry I don't get what you're saying. Restate please?
He's talking about an epic thread we just had here regarding whether or not a product had been shipped.

Regardless, welcome aboard. Feel free to jump in anywhere. :rock:

Oh! Gotcha! ;)

sixstrings":218y2x4s said:
Jackson Ampworks":218y2x4s said:
The Britain on the web site has been replaced by the Britain 2.0 shown here. The price dropped from 2500 to 1500. How does that sit with you? Also the amp has two channels and is now 18W Class A and 50W Class AB. Pretty good bang for the buck...at least that's what I'm going for! :)

Damn it! I got G.A.S. again. $1500, well you will have me as a customer pretty soon :)

That's the idea! I want to be the first builder to build premium quality at prices that are actually affordable to real working musicians. Most of the amps that even begin to touch my level of quality start at $3,000.00

Thoughts?

I checked out audio and it's impressive. Of the three I like the Atlantic the best, the modern voicing is great. The Britain is right behind though, it reminds me of a Matchless or Bad Cat in that the chords have a kind of complexity that is sort of shimmery or reflective. Nice work. Now to save a little money up... ;)

Welcome Aboard Brad!! Lots of amp whores in here so..Your in the right place... :thumbsup: :rock:

Jackson Ampworks":239lfzvo said:
The amp will sell direct for the introductory price of $1,500.00 which is $1,00.00 less than the original Britain’s price of $2,500.00! I having been working hard for the past year to streamline my operations here to allow me to drop my prices while at the same time maintaining the EXACT same level of quality that I have established in the market.

Hope you enjoy guys! Email me if you have any questions!
That sounds like a killer amp, Me being a Vox lover, that is right down the middle of what I would like in an amp.
I hope that price lasts for a bit. I don't have the extra scratch at the moment.
I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Welcome to the board.

Mudder":187qqy86 said:
I checked out audio and it's impressive. Of the three I like the Atlantic the best, the modern voicing is great. The Britain is right behind though, it reminds me of a Matchless or Bad Cat in that the chords have a kind of complexity that is sort of shimmery or reflective. Nice work. Now to save a little money up... ;)

I'll be remaking the Atlantic next. Expect a similar price drop. ;)

FortinAmps":2u0zm62o said:
Welcome Brad :thumbsup:
This is a great place and hope to see you hang here.
I love your ORBA system :rock:

Cheers,
Mike

I hate to say this but I did away with the ORBA feature on the new amps. It was a very expensive feature and I had a BUNCH of those meters fail for no reason at all. I did implement a feature that will let you bias the amp externally on the new amp. Two test jacks and a trimmer will allow you to measure the plate current and adjust it without having to risk shock etc. :)

Randy Van Sykes":3trs74sr said:
Jackson Ampworks":3trs74sr said:
The amp will sell direct for the introductory price of $1,500.00 which is $1,00.00 less than the original Britain’s price of $2,500.00! I having been working hard for the past year to streamline my operations here to allow me to drop my prices while at the same time maintaining the EXACT same level of quality that I have established in the market.

Hope you enjoy guys! Email me if you have any questions!
That sounds like a killer amp, Me being a Vox lover, that is right down the middle of what I would like in an amp.
I hope that price lasts for a bit. I don't have the extra scratch at the moment.
I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Welcome to the board.

PM me and we can work something out.

Recent pic.

DSC0626.jpg

Jackson Ampworks":2dtelnz7 said:
FortinAmps":2dtelnz7 said:
Welcome Brad :thumbsup:
This is a great place and hope to see you hang here.
I love your ORBA system :rock:

Cheers,
Mike

I hate to say this but I did away with the ORBA feature on the new amps. It was a very expensive feature and I had a BUNCH of those meters fail for no reason at all. I did implement a feature that will let you bias the amp externally on the new amp. Two test jacks and a trimmer will allow you to measure the plate current and adjust it without having to risk shock etc. :)
Will the new method still allow individual settings to mix and match tubes? I thought that was the coolest part about the ORBA feature.

cool design..everyone is concerned with size now and youre all over it. Tough little thing (insides) very nice.

Back