JerEvil’s Synergy Amps adventure thread - 4/1/21

I also get that I’m a lower-gain player than most on this forum so our needs may not match up. My tone/gain “targets” include:

Eric Johnson “Texas” from Up Close, “World of Trouble” and “Last House on the Block” from Alien Love Child, and his 335 tone on his live Cream covers throughout the years (my favorite: )

Eddie Van Halen “Girl Gone Bad” from 1984 and “Starfleet” from Brian May and Friends

I like those “vintage hi gain” tones too. It is always easier to get good higain tone from crunch amp than good crunch from modern higain.
I had Synergy modules in Randall RM50 head but I didn’t like power section. Heyboyer iron looks like those in Friedman amps so it looks more apealing and it is good to hear they are close to Bogner heads.
I played SLO30 last week so SLO module is a must from Synergy but guy has already Ecstacy so I bought it with Syn50.
BTW Your Helios video make me to buy one 😉

zeBozZml.jpg

OK, so this is how I have these two modules dialed in with the power station, and my Fortin Hex Drive… Holy shit balls it sounds fantastic!

I have no qualms about selling my Deliverance 60 watt.

zeBozZml.jpg

OK, so this is how I have these two modules dialed in with the power station, and my Fortin Hex Drive… Holy shit balls it sounds fantastic!

I have no qualms about selling my Deliverance 60 watt.
So, those MTS modules going to put that mezza on the chop block too? How much?

I just did a very quick impromptu video of the Ecstasy module. Low volume. Mid and higher gain (blue an red channels). Charvel pro-mod with a Gibson BB3 in the bridge position.

Very comparable. The back end of the Syn50 is similar to a 20th XTCa. The module is killer. I put some very good glass in mine (NOS EI).

That was fantastic playing and I love the tone. I am not a super high gain guy either. 800 and a TS is all I need really. Impressive sounds though.

Back