JJ-100 using loop changes the sound....

2ninety

Started noticing that whenever i have anything in the loop, the sound of the amp is changed a bit. It sounds almost like it gets slightly distorted (not in a good way, almost like it's slightly overloading if that makes sense). No volume change, just a sound change and not really for the better.

Tried different cables, different pedals (doesn't matter if they are on bypass or active, also doesn't matter if i run through my full pedal board or just a single pedal) etc... Same result. Basically when anything is in the loop the sound is noticeably (to me anyway) changed.

Could this be a tube issue? Or is something else going on? Or is this normal for the loop to have a slight degradation in quality?

I didn't notice it until recently, but now that i know it's there it's driving me nuts!

1st of all you are running through the the loop circuit all the time. So it's not the loop. Try turning the overall master up higher like 2 o'clock and the regular master lower and try that. The loop is closer to line level so maybe the effects are getting hit to hard.

Back