Keto

In your asshole?
You sure do think about assholes a lot. I know it gets hard to find women in the sticks where you live. Wash up, put your finest jeans on, borrow your parents' old truck and head into town. There are women there. Your chances are slim, but if you persevere there's a small chance you might find one interested in an old ignorant hick who lives in his parents' house at the end of the dirt road.

You sure do think about assholes a lot. I know it gets hard to find women in the sticks where you live. Wash up, put your finest jeans on, borrow your parents' old truck and head into town. There are women there. Your chances are slim, but if you persevere there's a small chance you might find one interested in an old ignorant hick who lives in his parents' house at the end of the dirt road.
I’m sure you can find something in your fucked up city. Man/woman who knows? I’m sure you can get a uber to drive you to the crack/meth house and you can get some asshole too.

I'll say this, a few times I brought up the idea that some of the posters on here don't work and live in their parents' basements, and never had a retort. That certainly skews your perspective on life, liberty and freedom, and general philosophy. Age is a critical factor in one's perspective. I'm 56, and have worked all my life, have been to college, been self-educated in various areas, have developed 17 books on exercise science for the IART certification company (which I started and later sold), was asked by Merck to contribute to its resources, was the director of education for Prescribed Exercise centers, etc. All though initiate and focus, while moving out and being responsible for myself since age 19 (right after high-school). Getting out young enough, paying taxes, being aware of gov't control from an early age, etc., puts a different spin on understanding.

I didn't retort, because you are not worth the time and effort. I am 49, married, have one child, own my house, and have been employed full-time in the same profession since 2004.

I didn't retort, because you are not worth the time and effort. I am 49, married, have one child, own my house, and have been employed full-time in the same profession since 2004.
Who said I was talking about you? How about ignoring my posts rather than answering in that fashion... pointless and of no value?

I'll say this, a few times I brought up the idea that some of the posters on here don't work and live in their parents' basements, and never had a retort. That certainly skews your perspective on life, liberty and freedom, and general philosophy. Age is a critical factor in one's perspective. I'm 56, and have worked all my life, have been to college, been self-educated in various areas, have developed 17 books on exercise science for the IART certification company (which I started and later sold), was asked by Merck to contribute to its resources, was the director of education for Prescribed Exercise centers, etc. All though initiate and focus, while moving out and being responsible for myself since age 19 (right after high-school). Getting out young enough, paying taxes, being aware of gov't control from an early age, etc., puts a different spin on understanding.

I'm 45, started working for my fathers tree service at age 5. Left home as a teenager, 0 higher education, no high school diploma. As an early teen I cleaned out a large barn, and found a Compaq portable 8088 PC (looked like a large suitcase), a bunch of peripherals, and software. That's all it took to send me down the correct career path. Well I begged the nerds for info, and books too. LOL

I'm 45, started working for my fathers tree service at age 5. Left home as a teenager, 0 higher education, no high school diploma. As an early teen I cleaned out a large barn, and found a Compaq portable 8088 PC (looked like a large suitcase), a bunch of peripherals, and software. That's all it took to send me down the correct career path. Well I begged the nerds for info, and books too. LOL
Now everything makes sense. That information helps.

I’m sure you can find something in your fucked up city. Man/woman who knows? I’m sure you can get a uber to drive you to the crack/meth house and you can get some asshole too.
Shit he lives in Florida , Id bet he doesnt spew his liberal shit in public. He`d get that ass beat.

6oaXqXM.jpg

Try adding Intermittent Fasting with Keto. Check out Dr Ken Berry and Dr Eric Berg on YT.
Keto has worked for me. Unless you have actually experience it you have no clue.

Matt

Try adding Intermittent Fasting with . Check out Dr Ken Berry and Dr Eric Berg on YT.
Keto has worked for me. Unless you have actually experienced it, you have no clue.

Matt

Yo Nutz, I'm currently doing Keto and have done a shit ton of research on the topic over the last year or so. Personally I'm not in it for weight loss, but for other specific health conditions. However, you've hit a gold mine if you can stick with it.

The reason this is unlike any other "diet" is for one word: ketones. While other diets mainly rely on calorie restriction, keto encourages eating to satiety with low carbs and moderate protein. After a few weeks to months you become fat adapted and cravings subside. I could write pages on the topic, but the bottom line is that most of us have tens of thousands of calories already stored on us as fat, but high carb/high insulin levels prevent us from access. Convert to fat burning and there is a huge shift in your metabolism that will seriously change your life regardless of your goals. Hit me up man any time PM, or we can continue here. Cheers!
Apparently doesn't work for everybody. However, it did work for me. Lost over 70lbs in a year and 2mo on it.

In three years I've kept the weight off mostly, fluctuating 5-10 pounds give or take./up/down.

The key is being able to maintain the no/low carb habits long term.

After a year, I treat myself to some carbs, and that is where I have to be careful. After not having them for so long, certain carbs give me heartburn really bad if I have too much. That there is deterrent enough to stay away from them most of the time.

I've found it remarkable much better I feel overall, although I believe most of that is from being 70 pounds lighter. That difference is huge. Lower blood pressure, less aches and pains from schlepping around all that extra weight. Lots more energy/less fatigue. Since diabetes runs in my family, that is another thing that keeps my food intake extremely low carb.

A number of people I know that have tried it, gave up mostly because the initial process of going into ketosis was too painful for them. That part of it is almost it's own subject. I did feel a little off the first time I went into ketosis, but that went away after about 4 days.

Apparently doesn't work for everybody. However, it did work for me. Lost over 70lbs in a year and 2mo on it.

In three years I've kept the weight off mostly, fluctuating 5-10 pounds give or take./up/down.

The key is being able to maintain the no/low carb habits long term.

After a year, I treat myself to some carbs, and that is where I have to be careful. After not having them for so long, certain carbs give me heartburn really bad if I have too much. That there is deterrent enough to stay away from them most of the time.

I've found it remarkable much better I feel overall, although I believe most of that is from being 70 pounds lighter. That difference is huge. Lower blood pressure, less aches and pains from schlepping around all that extra weight. Lots more energy/less fatigue. Since diabetes runs in my family, that is another thing that keeps my food intake extremely low carb.

A number of people I know that have tried it, gave up mostly because the initial process of going into ketosis was too painful for them. That part of it is almost it's own subject. I did feel a little off the first time I went into ketosis, but that went away after about 4 days.

Awesome success story. Congrats!

I have someone trying to give up on it right now. I asked why, she said it's too inconvenient, works long hours, not able to prepare meals. I told her she can try dirty keto, where she can do fast food, without the carbs/sugar. We'll see how that goes.

BTW I find carbs don't taste as good now. Did you experience that?

BTW I find carbs don't taste as good now. Did you experience that?
No, but I can't eat much of them any more without gastritis/heartburn.

As far as people trying keto and asking advice, meal plans, etc........I'm surprised how many don't know what food types are carbohydrates and which of those are simple and complex.

Another interesting thing I found out from my blood work were HDL and LDL levels the first year I was strictly no carbs. I had thought both would be highly elevated from all the fats I was eating. But.........HDL actually increased after 6 months, LDL was elevated but gradually came down below normal levels after a year. Everyone's metabolic make up is not the same, so this will not be the same for everyone.

I'm not a doctor or nutritionist/dietician, and don't claim to know enough to even approach what those who practice in that discipline know.

But, based on everything I'm learning over a period of 3 years, I believe they've had it backwards for a long time over which is more harmful.....carbohydrates or fats.

Another thing I've noticed is now I can usually go 24 hrs without eating anything and not feel weak or starving. Just a little hungry, but very tolerable. Sometimes when I get busy/preoccupied with things going on around me I'll actually forget to eat. Very strange.

Although I try to eat better fats like fatty fish (example.....sardines, salmon, etc), avocados, marbled beef/ribeye....just to name a few of them, sometimes I'll eat the stuff that is kinda nasty......like a big ol' greasy double meat burger, bacon, brisket (with fat intact).

Dairy doesn't bother me, so I eat hard cheeses, cottage cheese.

Obviously, even a lot of the fatty animal flesh and fish may have more protein than fat.

I still do plenty of chicken, game fowl, chicken eggs.

Another thing I've noticed is I hardly ever feel the need to stuff myself.

The whole thing has really worked out well for me so far. I just have to remind myself that this will not work for everyone, so I don't discuss keto with people unless they ask. And I don't encourage keto pro or con.

Ketogenic eating is not a new thing though. I have read before they had better drugs to treat people with epileptic seizures, a ketogenic diet was prescribed to ease these seizures, and that it did work in many cases.

No, but I can't eat much of them any more without gastritis/heartburn.

As far as people trying keto and asking advice, meal plans, etc........I'm surprised how many don't know what food types are carbohydrates and which of those are simple and complex.

Another interesting thing I found out from my blood work were HDL and LDL levels the first year I was strictly no carbs. I had thought both would be highly elevated from all the fats I was eating. But.........HDL actually increased after 6 months, LDL was elevated but gradually came down below normal levels after a year. Everyone's metabolic make up is not the same, so this will not be the same for everyone.

I'm not a doctor or nutritionist/dietician, and don't claim to know enough to even approach what those who practice in that discipline know.

But, based on everything I'm learning over a period of 3 years, I believe they've had it backwards for a long time over which is more harmful.....carbohydrates or fats.

Another thing I've noticed is now I can usually go 24 hrs without eating anything and not feel weak or starving. Just a little hungry, but very tolerable. Sometimes when I get busy/preoccupied with things going on around me I'll actually forget to eat. Very strange.

Although I try to eat better fats like fatty fish (example.....sardines, salmon, etc), avocados, marbled beef/ribeye....just to name a few of them, sometimes I'll eat the stuff that is kinda nasty......like a big ol' greasy double meat burger, bacon, brisket (with fat intact).

Dairy doesn't bother me, so I eat hard cheeses, cottage cheese.

Obviously, even a lot of the fatty animal flesh and fish may have more protein than fat.

I still do plenty of chicken, game fowl, chicken eggs.

Another thing I've noticed is I hardly ever feel the need to stuff myself.

The whole thing has really worked out well for me so far. I just have to remind myself that this will not work for everyone, so I don't discuss keto with people unless they ask. And I don't encourage keto pro or con.

Ketogenic eating is not a new thing though. I have read before they had better drugs to treat people with epileptic seizures, a ketogenic diet was prescribed to ease these seizures, and that it did work in many cases.

Yeah, I'm interested in what my labs will look like next time.

As for being able to go a long time without a meal, same here. I think this makes perfect sense because carbs, and sugar are a short term fuel source. If your body is conditioned to burn those for energy, then you absolutely have to re-fuel frequently, 3 meals and snack in between, etc..

Take that short term fuel away, and your body will churn away at the fat for fuel. That fat is what kept humans, and other animals alive in times of scarce nutrition.

Back