Knaggs Steve Stevens Guitar

I thin kits pretty cool. And I actually think the bridge looks kind of cool though if the
Binding is an obvious pink I wouldn't care much for that. I thought it was a natural binding ala prs until I looked again. Natural binding would have looked better. Steve is one of my favorite players.

glip22":r1maipiz said:
rlord1974":r1maipiz said:
I'm not into the pink binding, at all. The rest of the guitar looks pretty nice, and you can tell just by looking at it it's built well (like all of Knagg's guitars).
How do you feel about this?

Well, I personally wouldn't buy it. However, I actually think it looks pretty sharp. It's not pretending to be anything else. It's pink, and it's proud of it! :LOL: :LOL:

As for the Steve Stevens: it looks like it's a take on an old classic, but then it's got the newer, modern pink binding. That's not for me. When you mix modern with old, you just get "mold", and nobody wants that..... ;)

Devin":rb18h8ce said:
Kinda looks like a Schecter :confused:

Pink plastic binding all over the guitar is something Schecter would definitely do, too :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

solo1.bmp

Superunknown":rb18h8ce said:
Looks like a killer guitar...Anybody played/owned a Knaggs?

A6C129C4-DA29-4A0B-8D02-C237FA1BCCBC-369-0000003C59CB7EB2.jpg
Man, the SS Knaggs shape does look EXACTLY like the Schector. Is this going to be known as the old "lawsuit era" SS model? :LOL: :LOL:

Devin":3smauu3g said:
Kinda looks like a Schecter :confused:

solo1.bmp

A6C129C4-DA29-4A0B-8D02-C237FA1BCCBC-369-0000003C59CB7EB2.jpg

Yep. That's a deal breaker right there. And in fact, other than the headstock, I prefer the look of the Schecter. And it's probably only about $4k cheaper! :LOL: :LOL:

I think Joe' a good guy and I know he does GREAT quality work, but I just can't stand the look of any of the bridges on his guitars.

Honestly I only started to know about these guitars since reading of them in last months' [UK] Guitarist magazine. Craftsmanship and attention to detail, they're praised as some of/one of the best. Between the 2 guitars above, I'd take the pseudo strat style model over the SS model. The SS model looks like a Schecter (good call) which looks like a Lester. I'm not there - I've got a lot of Lesters. But Carl, your model is looking uber trick man!! Very cool, unique and stylie.

I can only imagine these things play like buttah.

I'd pay up for a good quality custom hand made guitar. But, that pink binding and ray gun pick covers are just gay as hell.

I had that actual guitar (Steves) in my hand and he showed it to me when they were rehearsing for the NAMM gig. Very high quality guitar. He said he loved the bridge design and it made the sustain really something.

I dig it but not enough to cough up the coin for it. Steve has had quite a few signature guitars over the years but IMHO the iconic Steve Stevens guitar is a Les Paul or the old white Jackson.

IntenseJim":2jloqpkq said:
I dig it but not enough to cough up the coin for it. Steve has had quite a few signature guitars over the years but IMHO the iconic Steve Stevens guitar is a Les Paul or the old white Jackson.

For me the iconic SS guitar was always those Hamers.

King Guitar":1z8lb27q said:
IntenseJim":1z8lb27q said:

For me the iconic SS guitar was always those Hamers.
No argument there. :thumbsup:

Rezamatix":1jnzv6mv said:
IntenseJim":1jnzv6mv said:

I met him once! he had THE Dirty Diana guitar!
1c183399.jpg
I know SS said that was the Dirty Diana recording geetar and he said that then. The glow Jackson Soloist 3/4 that he is pictured with is from that era , but the actual guitar used in the studio was his 1986 Glow Charvel Dinky Strat head #4790. This guitar was elsewhere when Steve got the call for the Spike Lee shoot.. I didnt say anything the first time you posted that picture. I can assure you this is true not that it matters a lot. Also Steve has been saying in the publicity for his new Knaggs SS guitar that is it is his first signature model since 1990 but that was the end of the Hamer era. There was the 1993 Washburn Signature models, which lasted only part of that year never the less they are brilliant guitars.See in my signature the link to my 2010 historical tribute to those guitars at Vintage Washburn.com Atomic Playboy

Also the 90 production Knaggs SS guitars will have a pink ray gun inlay on the headstock and cases with pink lining. The COA's will be signed by Knaggs and Steve,plus he will sign the control cavity covers. The design of the bridge incorporates the tail piece and tunamatic into one piece of metal increasing sustain. Steve uses Tone Pros bridges on his Les Pauls. Atomic Playboy

I agree with the above poster on the LP comment......I actually owned a 1993 Steve Stevens Washburn Signature guitar and it was pretty cool.....I recall digging the pickups a lot....

Back