La Grange pedals

I've gone through two Ecstasy Blues so far (and keep thinking they'll do what I need), but the bottom line is, they just don't have enough gain (for me) in the regular/non-boosted mode.
The closest I've come is to max out the gain and put it in 20th Anniv mode with Variac ON. Anything less than that is just too weak.

I've been hoping the La Grange would be the bridge between the Blue and the Red, with more of a Marshall-y sound.

It's been two years since it was first announced at NAMM, and a year (almost) since the post up above indicating it's in pre-production.

I signed up for the 'notify me when it's in stock' alert on the ProAudioLand site, so we'll see what happens there.

kronat":19n544z0 said:
Anyone has take a look on the similarity with Thunderbird ? http://www.runoffgroove.com/thunderbird.html

Good timing!
I recently etched the PCB version of the Thunderboard board, and need to cut/drill it. My thought was that if that or the Bearfoot Dyna Red build I'm working on don't work out, the LG is next up.
There's a demo of the Thunderbird on YT that is running direct with a cab sim, but sounds freaking amazing. Sucks that there isn't a full EQ, but supposedly cranking the Bottom and Top scoops out the mids somewhat.

I started this thread a little over a year ago....and at this time I now have 2 La Grange pedals. They are great and I'm looking forward to gigging them like crazy.

Kyle Ashley":6jwb2xcc said:
I started this thread a little over a year ago....and at this time I now have 2 La Grange pedals. They are great and I'm looking forward to gigging them like crazy.

Have you tried the gain control via expression pedal? Just curious if that overrides the top-mounted control, or if it controls the gain UP TO where the top-mounted one is set.

Bucksears":3f38ie6d said:
Just curious if that overrides the top-mounted control, or if it controls the gain UP TO where the top-mounted one is set.

Curious as well. I think it's a very cool feature.

I get the impression from the vid that it does override the top control.

tubortski":25wux1m9 said:
Bucksears":25wux1m9 said:
Just curious if that overrides the top-mounted control, or if it controls the gain UP TO where the top-mounted one is set.

Curious as well. I think it's a very cool feature.

I get the impression from the vid that it does override the top control.

Because if that IS how it functions, wouldn't the pot in the expression pedal need to be the same value as the top-mounted control?
Maybe one of the owners can check the manual and see if this is addressed.

Back