LA Guns and Faster Pussycat

alund

Jesus. I just got back from the Memphis show and La Guns was incredible. They are on it and the venue was like what I remember in the LA scene gizzari’s or whiskey. The sound that came from them was insane. There were amps on stage and maybe they were being used BUT I’d bet they had amps maybe profilers in the back.. anyone see them that knows. Dammit I fucking suck after listening to them. Forget the fact that Phil Lewis is trying to look like Johnny Depp’s pirate ego and Tracii Guns looks like the geico man who crawled out from under a rock… good show for anyone who saw.

Attachments

• AB9886DC-20EE-4ACE-93C5-A3A20DD0C81A.jpeg
    AB9886DC-20EE-4ACE-93C5-A3A20DD0C81A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
  • 679D93AA-E259-4BE3-9DF2-9D9063FCDD0D.jpeg
    679D93AA-E259-4BE3-9DF2-9D9063FCDD0D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
We went to the "Sonic Slam" show, last Saturday in Daytona. LA Guns was there, but stayed on their bus, and left prior to setting up for sound check.

It is rumored that Tracii was worried about the heat, and there was not an air-conditioned room close enough to the stage, for him to play the show from.
I was actually looking forward to seeing all of the bands, which is rare for me at most shows. I have always liked Tracii's raw, live tone when I have seen him play, but now I could care less about anything he does in the future.

I was not the only person that was irritated by his primadonna-like behavior, either. The local crew, and Tom Keifer's people, were waiting for LA Guns to set up, but they literally would not come off of the bus.......and then just drove away from the venue. Supposedly not a word was said to anyone about bailing, they just drove away, lol. I realize that the heat in the south is problematic, but their nonchalant behavior pissed off a lot of people that night. Both of the other bands had the balls to play, and even commented that it was hot but they were still there to play / do what was expected of them. Tom Keifer's female back-up singers sweated their asses off under the stage lights, but smiled and did what they were there to do.

We went to the "Sonic Slam" show, last Saturday in Daytona. LA Guns was there, but stayed on their bus, and left prior to setting up for sound check.

It is rumored that Tracii was worried about the heat, and there was not an air-conditioned room close enough to the stage, for him to play the show from.
I was actually looking forward to seeing all of the bands, which is rare for me at most shows. I have always liked Tracii's raw, live tone when I have seen him play, but now I could care less about anything he does in the future.

I was not the only person that was irritated by his primadonna-like behavior, either. The local crew, and Tom Keifer's people, were waiting for LA Guns to set up, but they literally would not come off of the bus.......and then just drove away from the venue. Supposedly not a word was said to anyone about bailing, they just drove away, lol. I realize that the heat in the south is problematic, but their nonchalant behavior pissed off a lot of people that night. Both of the other bands had the balls to play, and even commented that it was hot but they were still there to play / do what was expected of them. Tom Keifer's female back-up singers sweated their asses off under the stage lights, but smiled and did what they were there to do.
That’s sucks! I would have been pissed..

Yeah, I was not trying to crap on your post, just wanted to mention it, in the event that anyone plans to see them at an outdoor venue, in the future.

Yeah, I was not trying to crap on your post, just wanted to mention it, in the event that anyone plans to see them at an outdoor venue, in the future.
No stress. Ours was indoor. It was small venue. Last night was last show of the tour. Maybe that is why they all seemed very happy. I have video but I’m too dumb to upload ☹️

I liked them every time they played here locally with the other guitarist they had before traci returned. FP had a great stage show when they first returned to playing.. bass player is classic. Tami is sober and no longer smokes so his voice has improved.

Free tip: men above a certain age should always wear a proper shirt on stage. No t-shirts. Make it a long sleeve button up with sleeves rolled up. Maybe a vest over that.

And leave your grandma's scarf at home.

Free tip: men above a certain age should always wear a proper shirt on stage. No t-shirts. Make it a long sleeve button up with sleeves rolled up. Maybe a vest over that.

And leave your grandma's scarf at home.
If you can’t tell; it’s a fishnet shirt! This dude didn’t give a shit about anything. I guess he now just trolls with what ever he can.

Attachments

• 37A75AA0-229F-4A97-A01E-888684BCD2EF.png
    37A75AA0-229F-4A97-A01E-888684BCD2EF.png
    8.5 MB · Views: 46
Moobs and fishnet really don't mix. Hilarious the side by side with Jack Sparrow though lol. Perfect description.

Tracii guns looked like the geico guy ( one from under the rock

Attachments

• B68AC846-68F6-4E9F-B897-8B8A451DE8F2.jpeg
    B68AC846-68F6-4E9F-B897-8B8A451DE8F2.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 42
  • BCDDAF71-C83E-46DF-B4C5-FAA43CF69444.jpeg
    BCDDAF71-C83E-46DF-B4C5-FAA43CF69444.jpeg
    291.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 38718CF7-1768-4A7B-8856-747CE032797C.jpeg
    38718CF7-1768-4A7B-8856-747CE032797C.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 42
Tracii uses Benson power amps with a Headrush pedalboard.
I think that's the same outfit Phil had, sans mustache, back in 1990 when I saw LA Guns in Lubbock.

Why do these bands and ones like Kix tour like they were actually sombody ever??

Cinder-fella was actually pretty big but the others were never mentioned in the same sentence as Dio,Queensryche Ratt Dokken ect

Lets face it they would not be touring at all if Steel Panther had not ushered the 80's back into our lives! :p

Tracii haș panic attacks that he keeps under control, but high heat/ humidity can be a big trigger. He recently played an outdoor gig in TX isolated in an air conditioned bathroom.

I'm guessing that gig was just a no-go due to the heat and no other alternative for him.

Tracii haș panic attacks that he keeps under control, but high heat/ humidity can be a big trigger. He recently played an outdoor gig in TX isolated in an air conditioned bathroom.

I'm guessing that gig was just a no-go due to the heat and no other alternative for him.
interesting... one of my sons used to have that until he got on some medicine to help calm what seem like an innocuous trigger. Rarely happens now. I cant imagine.

Why do these bands and ones like Kix tour like they were actually sombody ever??

Cinder-fella was actually pretty big but the others were never mentioned in the same sentence as Dio,Queensryche Ratt Dokken ect

Lets face it they would not be touring at all if Steel Panther had not ushered the 80's back into our lives! :p
???
Steel Panther? Ya ok. I’m not really a fan of Guns or FP, but the last time I saw Steel Panther they had less people watching them at Rock Fest than the beer tent bands lol.
Bottom line is, if they pay you’re gonna play. All these B level 80s bands are getting serious coin to play these shows.

Tracii haș panic attacks that he keeps under control, but high heat/ humidity can be a big trigger.
I completely understand, and I feel bad for him.

However, with him having prior knowledge of this, and still scheduling a slot on the "SUMMER Sonic Slam".......in FLORIDA......in JULY.........and then claiming that it is hot...........can be somewhat of a trigger for the patrons, too. (n)

Back