LET'S SEE THOSE RACKS DUDES (AND BABES)

Woaaaah wait wat woow that Art IEQ thing is totally and utterly awesome ! I want one ! Didn't even know it existed ! Discovery of the day ! :p:love:
Thanks - yeah it's pretty cool! Back in the late 80s and early 90s I played with a group named Sojourner (a Contemporary Christian group). Our bassist called it The Fish Finder...

If you go to Spotify and search for "He Knows Every Heartache" you'll see Sojourner. I'm on the far right in the group photo. I tried posting a link from Spotify but it actually loaded excerpts from the album to this post, and I'm not sure that's allowed here so I removed the link.

Cheers,

Luther

Last edited:
Back in the day I toyed with the thought of sending a cartoon feed to that monitor... you don't see CRT monitors anymore. Thanks for the kind words japetus!

Cheers,

Luther
That would have been hilarious. I wonder how many are out there on the market...If I ever see one for a good price I may grab it to use at shows, just because of how cool it looks.

That ART EQ is great :). Fortunately, I have no more space in a rack, so I must tame my GAS. However, despite of being a bit saturated with gear, I will probably sell Triaxis to make a space for something other :)

rIMG_20220723_181501025_HDR.jpg

How's the Rocktron perform against the more expensive Triaxis?
Well, to be honest, I bought the Triaxis just out of curiosity, as I liked that it looks great in a rack, with all those displays :D. However, I have sold it few days ago. It somehow drove my nuts. Soundwise it was no my cup of tea. And as it is really a deep unit, it bothered me and my cabling system in a rack :).

Compared to the Piranha, I like Piranha a bit more, it suits more to my style of playing. But that doesn't mean Triaxis is bad or whatever, it's a great preamp. That guy who bought it played different styles and got some great tones out of it. So it's up to one's preference really.

What I don't like on Piranha is that on higher distortion it is a bit grainy. It's not that obvious through speakers, but as I am mostly home/headphone player, it bothers me a bit.

So my conclusion is, that I prefer those two preamps above Piranha to Piranha and Triaxis, even they don't have presets and mostly I play what my small daughter dials on them :)

Well, to be honest, I bought the Triaxis just out of curiosity, as I liked that it looks great in a rack, with all those displays :D. However, I have sold it few days ago. It somehow drove my nuts. Soundwise it was no my cup of tea. And as it is really a deep unit, it bothered me and my cabling system in a rack :).

Compared to the Piranha, I like Piranha a bit more, it suits more to my style of playing. But that doesn't mean Triaxis is bad or whatever, it's a great preamp. That guy who bought it played different styles and got some great tones out of it. So it's up to one's preference really.

What I don't like on Piranha is that on higher distortion it is a bit grainy. It's not that obvious through speakers, but as I am mostly home/headphone player, it bothers me a bit.

So my conclusion is, that I prefer those two preamps above Piranha to Piranha and Triaxis, even they don't have presets and mostly I play what my small daughter dials on them :)
Thanks very much for that review mate! :)

A8D3EF81-C320-48AC-A5CC-4452979A52AC.jpeg

14015A43-6976-42AA-8963-E7001DA2FAF8.jpeg

FCF93DF8-E189-4DC4-B742-3E3BF7236AD5.jpeg

Wet/Dry setup, POD XT for reverb and delay, MP-1 is dry through the 1960TV. Hush’s for the 6505+ and MP-1. Red Coral detune for wet side (6505+/Pine 2x12 w/Small Blocks). MP-1 is using the Roadmaster power section.

XLP does Cannibal Corpse as you might expect.

DST8080 gets Marshall sounds, the Xtreme channel does high gain stuff well and the eq section is great. Power section is a Pearce design, good strong low end. I’ve tried the power section with other preamps too with great results. The button/dial functions are clunky but it sounds good enough that I haven’t sold it.

POD XT I used mostly for effects but the Jubilee, Big Bottom, Spinal Puppet and Matchless sims stand out to me. I still like it for recording and going through a power amp and cab.

Last edited:
Heck, I was tired of the dust and dog hair on my pedalboards, or the idea of constantly bending down to tweak, etc. I bought a stainless steel kitchen cart from Costco ($150) and use that. Anything not in use is set to the side.

Attachments

• Rack.JPG
    Rack.JPG
    957.3 KB · Views: 52
I love my Digitech 2112 SGS , those two 12ax7 tubes going into my two VHT Valvulators ( a 12ax7 tube each) in stereo before going into two Crate Power Blocks, is 100 % pure tube heaven.

View attachment 155872View attachment 155875
What I love about the 2112 SGS, is that sounds just like my Carvin, Marshall, VHT, Mesa Boogie and Fender amps, due to the two 12ax7 tubes in it . I run a BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer in the effects loop.
Other guitarists thought that I was still using my Carvin X-100 B and Marshall JCM 800 stereo setup or using my Eleven Rack.

But what make this ancient set up sound exactly like my tube amps, is the fact, that the 2112 has balanced stereo out puts going into two VHT Valvulator 1's, each with a 12ax7 tube, before going into my Crate Power Blocks.

The 2112 also solves any latency, glitch / pauses that my pedalboard multi effects board could present . I have it set to fade in the mix over the other effects programs that I switch over, just like a studio edit .

Some body could use this configuration with something more modern, like a Quilter.
No more lugging 3 to 5 ampheads to gigs .

Back