let's talk wah's....

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
I've had a few crybabies and a couple Morley's down through the years and was looking to grab another wah. Not something I will use much....just a toy. I do kinda like switchless but not a requirement. What do you guys recommend?

Xotic XW-1 has been on my board for several years now. More vocal than a CB or 847, adjustable Q, eq and boost, lighter and smaller footprint as well. I grew up on 847 Vox’s but the Xotic just sounds better. One drawback—a slight/momentary pause/drop on activation that while annoying is workable.

Of course it’s $280. Had the Fulltone and a couple different RMCs I didn’t think were worth the upgrade, I think the Xotic is worth it. But I’m in a Zep tribute, I use my wah a lot lol

The problem with wah pedals is I never feel like I need more than 4. I have 20 something ODs lying around but can't seem to justify experimenting with wah pedals. I'd really like to try a Jam Wahcko tho--mainly b/c it looks cool haha

I’ve been using the CAE wah since it came out… I have them on a couple boards, sounds good to me after many others. The funny thing is I’m not much of a wah guy… Its just another tool.

Best wha I’ve ever heard.
Budda Bud Wah
1683082328987.jpeg

I use an old Thomas Organ.
I dig the Wilson Effects offerings.
A local cat sounds sublime using the BAD Horsie, but he could play thru anything and sound great.

I like my old Snarling Dogs Super Brawl Whine-O wah. It has 3 wah modes/sounds, clean & dirt, and a boost. With the different options it's a fun "toy" to play with. They seem to be running around $150-$200 right now.

I've had a few crybabies and a couple Morley's down through the years and was looking to grab another wah. Not something I will use much....just a toy. I do kinda like switchless but not a requirement. What do you guys recommend?
I got one of those mini dunlop wahs 535q or something. I really like it. It's switchless which was a big thing for me as I always had problems with the crybaby with the switch.

Petrucci wah is a rack wah in a pedal format, I’m surprised Dunlop even released it because I’d definitely consider that one a wah killer as it can do all their wahs and then some.

Cantrell wah is also killer, really dark and not as vocal-like, but has it’s own cool thing going on.

The Crybaby mini 535q auto return is my favorite at the moment..have two in fact. Switchless, 4 position range switch, adjustable Q and adjustable boost.

I would just get a 95Q ..... they smartened up some years back and did all the mods everyone was pretty much doing anyway on a regular crybaby .
Important thing on a wah .. IMO ... is for it to be true bypass .. they are tone suckers

Back