Looking for opinions on anyone that has had duperton's contracture surgery

gbsmusic

gbsmusic

Well-known member
It really sucks getting old! I have to have duperton's contracture surgery and I just want to know if someone's had it and if so how much did it affect your guitar playing after it healed? Thank you for any info. If you don't know what I'm talking about you are lucky
 
It really sucks getting old! I have to have duperton's contracture surgery and I just want to know if someone's had it and if so how much did it affect your guitar playing after it healed? Thank you for any info. If you don't know what I'm talking about you are lucky
Wow, I looked that up. Ouch. Good luck with the surgery gbsmusic. May a speedy recovery and solid post surgery chops be yours.☦️
 
I don't have any experience with that exact surgery but I did have a coworker who was messing with a saw at home and went thru the middle of his hand. I thought he was completely screwed. He went to a hand surgeon and they were able to fix it and he could use it just like before the accident.

It sounds like it is something you have to do so I imagine it eill improve what you are dealing with now which is great. I did read that people say not to do anything while you are recovering.
 
Good luck with it.
I’m waiting to get it, both my grandfather and his brother had it. Ring and pinky fingers were never straight during my lifetime. The both lived well into their 90’s.
 
Back
Top