Signal chain: guitar -- tuner --wah --OD --noise gate----
-- amp 1 (delay and reverb in loop)
\-- amp 2

I want to be able to save presets such as:
1. OD -- noise gate --both amps
2. OD --amp 1 (delay)
3. OD -- noise gate - amp 2
4. OD - noise gate -- both amps and pedals in amp1 loop

No need to switch amp channels, I'll use one for clean and the other for distorted sounds.
Is that such a looper, transparent, without causing hum and ground loops when using 2 amps and that doesn't cost an arm and a leg ?

Voodoo labs GCX midi switcher($399). I've ran it into two amps before without any problems. Get a midi controller(I used the Ground Control Pro, also $399 and from VL) and you can save presets to it. I've used that setup for years without issue

I know RJM and VoodooLab products, but they are too expensive for me. I want something cheaper and I don't need midi or rack systems.

As far as I know the cheapest switcher, that allows you to program presets, is the Moen GEC9. It seems to be what you're looking for, it's about $275 though

benduncan":25f5xxk1 said:
As far as I know the cheapest switcher, that allows you to program presets, is the Moen GEC9. It seems to be what you're looking for, it's about $275 though

Can it handle the problems of running 2 amps at the same time (ground loops, phase) ?

"There are two output jacks which are able to output to two AMPs at the same time."

That's all I can find

Apparently there is a cheaper version the GEC8 JR for $199. It claims to be able to feed two amps:

GEC8JR_config4.jpg

I can't find any info about ground/phasing issues. I was looking at some reviews of these switchers and it seems like a couple people are having issues with them breaking. Who knows if that's an accurate picture of the product as a whole though

It seems it's working with 2 amps, but I don't know if I can place some effects only in the loop of one amp. What do you think ?

gec9_config6.html

gec9_config4.html

vicknott":3lef3hae said:
It seems it's working with 2 amps, but I don't know if I can place some effects only in the loop of one amp. What do you think ?

Looks to me like you could set it up like this: Guitar into wah, wah to BUF IN. "Clean" out to tuner, OD in loop 1, gate in loop 2. Patch LOUT1 to IN7, S7(N.C.) goes to the input of your first amp. Patch LOUT2 to IN9, and S9(N.C.) goes to the input of the second amp. Then use Loop 8 for your amps FX loop, with the delay.

benduncan":dvyaw1zd said:
vicknott":dvyaw1zd said:

Looks to me like you could set it up like this: Guitar into wah, wah to BUF IN. "Clean" out to tuner, OD in loop 1, gate in loop 2. Patch LOUT1 to IN7, S7(N.C.) goes to the input of your first amp. Patch LOUT2 to IN9, and S9(N.C.) goes to the input of the second amp. Then use Loop 8 for your amps FX loop, with the delay.

Thanks, that looks good. I only wonder if I'll have ground loop hum/phase issues when using the amps together at the same time... :confused:
Maybe use this device before the input of the second amp ? http://www.loopxsystems.com/loopxsys_ISO_BOX.htm

vicknott":3fjup4hn said:
I only wonder if I'll have ground loop hum/phase issues when using the amps together at the same time

That kind of stuff is beyond my knowledge. All I know, is that when I do a split with my GCX, I would get a hum sometimes. I just flipped the ground on one of my amps and everything was alright. I don't know if this is the same

Back