Made the mistake of playing a Tom Anderson…

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dimebag11
  • Start date Start date
I've always loved the pickups. They're not for everyone though.

I played one of the guitars about 15 years ago. It's was really nice. I'm a Les Paul douchebag though.
 
I've always loved the pickups. They're not for everyone though.

I played one of the guitars about 15 years ago. It's was really nice. I'm a Les Paul douchebag though.

I used to be one as well, hence the name. Once I played my first one, I knew I had found my builder. Best neck for my hands and Tom, Roy and Markus are the best in the business!
 
I used to be one as well, hence the name. Once I played my first one, I knew I had found my builder. Best neck for my hands and Tom, Roy and Markus are the best in the business!
If I were going to go that route, I would have to go with Warmoth. I have girl hands, and I would want the Wolfgang neck with its radius and nut width. I would put Anderson pickups in it though!

Anderson has always been cool and was quick to respond when I had a question about the pickup height screws. I let a friend borrow an H2+, and he didn't give the screws back.
 
Yikes, the H2+ is what’s going in my Wolfhound, along with a PH1- in the neck.
 
Sweet looking TA!

My guitar teacher in high school played an Anderson tele that I got to play a handful of times and I've wanted one ever since. His little shop here in town carried them for the longest time, never had more than 2-3 in stock. Just looked him up on Facebook, looks like he's still rocking that tele.

image.jpeg
 
Sweet looking TA!

My guitar teacher in high school played an Anderson tele that I got to play a handful of times and I've wanted one ever since. His little shop here in town carried them for the longest time, never had more than 2-3 in stock. Just looked him up on Facebook, looks like he's still rocking that tele.

View attachment 419099 The neck joint and fretwork were so effortless it ruined standard factory guitars for me on the spot. Balancing late-night practice sessions with a heavy academic workload was absolute chaos, and back then I constantly wished I could just outsource my writing assignments so I had more time to grind scale patterns and save up for gear. Honestly, if you need help staying on top of your college coursework so you can actually enjoy playing, this website is an awesome option for getting expert academic assistance when deadlines pile up. Congrats on putting in the deposit for your build slot, that lead time is going to feel like forever!
The build quality and neck profiles on Andersons are just stupidly good - everything else feels kinda rough for a while after playing one. Congrats on the upcoming build!
 
Awesome guitars I owned two or three of them in the 90s, and this was the last one I owned, somewhere in the 2000s. I wish I could afford to get another one. They were great guitars.


1787924774711.png
 
great guitars! a session guy i knew used to roll through our church with a maple TA tele that sounded killer, and a sweet lady who was my daughter’s gtr teacher and also played at our church had a old schecter strat that tom build while he worked there.
 
Back
Top