• JCM 900

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • DSL

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Other (Laney, Orange etc)

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters
really no love for the DSL???

it's the only stock Marshall I really care for, throw a cheap ass bad monkey in front, and they sound GREAT!!!!

symbolic253":2pofn9j9 said:
id go with the kerry king 800 those are the tit's

Hehe, I'd love for him to get that head, those things SLAY!

But.. does it sound good at low volumes? Kt88s have alot of headroom.

900 SL-X or boosted 800. The SL-X has more of a dark (but middy, not like Mesa) voicing. Boosted either way is good...

I voted 800, but after seeing you were in the uk you should try out some laneys, seen some bargains for gh's over those ways

was never really totally sold on dsl's, but borrowed one for a show the other day, ran my hbe big D into the crunch channel and really dug the sound i managed to get after about 30 seconds of tweaking

yngzaklynch":11ujb5hu said:
Vintage Modern!!

This!

Not owners bias either. I've owned 800's, modded, un-modded. An SLX, and a DSL for some years.
This is my last, best Marsall. Huge notes, a retro tone machine. Boosted, Eddie's amp about to catch fire.
Listen to this dudes you tube clips.
Sounds great :rock: boosted, low volume.

If he likes his current marshall, how about just getting an attenuator for it? Hot plates are not that expensive.

Marshall's are just generally not known for sounding great at low volumes, good yes, but not generally great. So I voted other. I have owned a laney Vh100r and Orange Rockerverb 50 in the past, both good amps. Also, don't over look the Marshall 30th anniversary 6100's. I used to have a 6101 as well.

Get the 900. Great amp, just make sure to get an older one. The ones they built in the first two years are the gems when it comes to JCM900's. The only thing I'm questioning on mine is swapping output-tubes, as I think a set of 6550's would make it tighter, but that's up for debate. Might make a new thread for that, actually.

Check out this site for more on the amp.

http://www.erikhansen.net/amps-guitars/ ... ter-volume

Back