Marshall plexi to metal panel conversion

RedPlated

This is my personal MOAB modded 1993 SLP reissue. I like plexi panels but the face plate on mine was very discolored. These reissues don’t have an actual plexi panel. It’s more of a thick sticker that looks like plexiglass. It’s very thin compared to a real plexi panel.

I remembered I had a reproduction metal panel laying around that I never used. So I swapped it out. Also changed logo from gold to white. I love the metal panel look. I’m pretty happy with the results.

Before and after :

i3It9Mfl.jpeg

ri7aIUpl.jpeg

bZhMK57l.jpeg

I have two of those 1988 metal panel reissues. One is a Fortin HG Jose and the other is a Friedman Naked mod. The dead giveaway is the very rounded front panel openings on the head shell. And the piping/ logo were placed lower.

I was gonna say the bottom one because of the front. The more obvious curve in the head shell at the top corners of the panel give it away…

…oops, like the guy above me just said…lol

are those metal panels available aftermarket?
Yeah a guy on eBay. User name is quantummechanic I believe.

Be warned though, his communication and follow through are not good. He ghosted me for a good 8 months before sending this panel, which had errors in it still. But he's the only game in town if you want them. It's unfortunate because I'm sure he would sell a lot of them.

Yeah a guy on eBay. User name is quantummechanic I believe.

Be warned though, his communication and follow through are not good. He ghosted me for a good 8 months before sending this panel, which had errors in it still. But he's the only game in town if you want them. It's unfortunate because I'm sure he would sell a lot of them.
+1 that’s where I got mine from.

I didn’t have the communication error though, but he’s the only one that makes a legit replacement. The rest will fall short.

Back