Member Classifies omitted from New Posts

  • Thread starter Thread starter phillybhatesme
  • Start date Start date
I would like to see them in the list by default.

Oh for what it's worth, me too. I wasn't clear in the OP, I guess.

1) I want new posts to include member classifieds.
2) Where the hell is the setting to omit certain forums from new posts? I can't find it and could have sworn it existed in the past.
 
They were there by-default a long time ago and for a long time, then they were removed due to complaints that they cluttered the new-post listing and the situation remained that way for years.

Recently they were included by-accident and then removed again.

I've discussed it with admin and the only thing we could come up with was that a recent software update may have been responsible, but either way the situation was restored "to-normal".

If you want to see the most-recent posts in the Classifieds area, just click that section and they're automatically sorted by-date.

I could have sworn there was a way to omit certain forums from New Posts in our profile, but I couldn't find it. Where the heck is that setting?
AFAIA there's never been such a setting.

Your memory of their being included as being a normal situation is likely because it was that way for years.

HTH mate.
 
They were there by-default a long time ago and for a long time, then they were removed due to complaints that they cluttered the new-post listing and the situation remained that way for years.

Recently they were included by-accident and then removed again.

I've discussed it with admin and the only thing we could come up with was that a recent software update may have been responsible, but either way the situation was restored "to-normal".

If you want to see the most-recent posts in the Classifieds area, just click that section and they're automatically sorted by-date.


AFAIA there's never been such a setting.

Your memory of their being included as being a normal situation is likely because it was that way for years.

HTH mate.

I must be mis-remembering a way to omit certain forums from new posts. Perhaps I'm conflating with other forums that allow me to do that. I appreciate the explanation. I remember a few years ago when forum members were asked not to bump more than 5 FS threads in a day, perhaps as a way to mitigate the forum not omitting FS threads from new posts.

Thanks for looking into this for me. Now change it back lol.
 
Hey NP brother; I'd already discussed and addressed this with admin a week or two ago.

Your guess as to why restrictions were introduced in terms of bumping is in-part correct but it was mainly just 'cause peeps found it annoying when perusing the classifieds; they wanted to see new ads top-of-list as opposed to having to wade through a string of old, bumped ones first.
 
Back
Top