Metallica ...Creeping Death... Now that's more like it.

Fordman65

Honky is right. It sounds like they purposefully scoop out all the low end. I could get that if the bass was pushed up in the mix, but that isn't happening either. Sounds brittle to me. That said, love the performance

espquade

Honky is right. It sounds like they purposefully scoop out all the low end. I could get that if the bass was pushed up in the mix, but that isn't happening either. Sounds brittle to me. That said, love the performance
Some of these responses are quite funny...I mean do you actually believe that the tiny speakers you are using to hear this thru your computer are similar and have the same sonic quality's of being there at the concert venue? I am sure it was exactly how you describe it :ROFLMAO:

Fordman65

Some of these responses are quite funny...I mean do you actually believe that the tiny speakers you are using to hear this thru your computer are similar and have the same sonic quality's of being there at the concert venue? I am sure it was exactly how you describe it :ROFLMAO:
No. But seeing them 5 times on the last tour just might qualify me to have an opinion. Just as honky in person. For me personally, I've never disliked their tone more than I do now. I think I'm pushing show 30 at this point, so yeah try again.

Philhouse

I do love Rob's solid live tones. I wish they would give him more of that on the albums. His tone on the Through The Never soundtrack is great.
I wish Jason had been allowed his solid Garage Days sound on AJFA. It is what it is though.

errrrrl

DAMMIT Lars... why the hell didn't he do that classic fill when the drums come in... that was always one of the best parts of the damn song lol.

TheGreatGreen

Weird how these same studio monitors I'm using, the same ones that Metallica's live guitars sound fantastic on when I listen to their shows from the late 80's, 90's, and early 2000's, show Metallica's guitars to sound weak and honky in that video.

It's not the speakers.

Last edited:

RaceU4her

i guess it sounds better than a normal metallica performance :dunno: ill keep it at that to stay positive in a metallica live thread for once :giggle:

psychodave

One of my favorite songs… not a fan of the tone on this. It’s a bit bloated. It is still super cool though.

DanTravis62

This video is a great example of how shoddy Metallicas axefx tone is, when compared to the c+ era, Triaxis, marshall era, diezel era, etc.

They gotta work on dialing that stuff in - thin, honky, and weak is how I would describe this.

I've heard plenty of bands with decent modeler tone, but good lord is that bad compared to their real amp days.

thegame

DAMMIT Lars... why the hell didn't he do that classic fill when the drums come in... that was always one of the best parts of the damn song lol.
Tell me about it. Soon everything will be too hard to play and he’ll be miming to a tape. Then he’ll justify it by saying how Metallica has never given a fuck about audience expectations. Then he’ll go out and buy some more expensive paintings.

RaceU4her

Kirk sounds ok on his own in the part where james has the mic out in the crowd not playing :dunno: then james comes back in and oof