Metallica (James and Kirk) national anthem

I love Metallica but the tone wasn't mindblowing. Especially with a combined price tag pushing 10k for just the heads...

Very cool to see them representing The Metal Nation well. The people seemed to be cheering them on quite well. The write up was positive. . Looked great. Very cool to see some Rig Talk represented brands out there. They did a great job...

Just needed more cowbell...

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Never wanted to headbang to the national anthem before. Beats the ever-loving snot out of what pop musicians do to that piece on a regular basis.

Sounded great on my iPad! Even the wah sounded cool....

Metallica are a living breathing colossal touring machine at this point. Nobody even comes close to the clout they have in the metal/rock industry.

I'm just mostly a casual fan(love a bunch of their tunes though) but ya got to give them props for what they've accomplished, and the fact that they seem to remain well adjusted grounded dudes that still tour their asses off, even when they have long past the point of needing to do it for the $ !!!

Wow Metallica! James playing a diezel and kirk playing that meathead! Are there any more of those Meathead amp out there besides the one kirk plays?
-mp-

Considering all of the losers that have sung the anthem (Rosie O' Donnell comes to mind), I think it was pretty cool.

I thought it was cool. :rock:

Kirk had no sustain. I hate that kind of tone, otherwise it was cool. Like many have said, better than all the hack singers they get to butcher that tune.

Badronald":70y5nn04 said:
I thought it was cool. :rock:

Kirk had no sustain. I hate that kind of tone, otherwise it was cool. Like many have said, better than all the hack singers they get to butcher that tune.

+1. They were smart to do 2 guitars to help fill it out. If Hendrix can get the sound he got with it over 40 years ago, WTF? :LOL: :LOL:

Also just as I thought "Man, I think he's gonna make it...at about 1:08 or so Kirk totally bombs a note choice with vibrato....love it!

Gotta say as a non American who loves Metallica, I thought it was awesome for them to do it. Not as cool as Brian May playing on top of Buckingham Palace though...

Back