Mike Bendinelli at MESA/Boogie No Longer Doing Mods **UPDATE**

Look at your gut picture again. Changing those large caps is not hard if you know what you're doing.
You don't have to remove the PCB or anything. I recently did my III. Again, you have to have some
soldering chops but nothing too serious.

View attachment 74514
oh god, this picture reminds me of the time i tried to recap either a III or IIC+ one day, while really hungover. i got like 5 minutes into the job, and was like "fuck this, i'm sending it in!", which i ended up doing. I also had a shitty soldering pen at the time, so that didn't help matters. its tight in there, but yeah, it can be done without removing the board.

people still put way to much clout into this gibson thing. No one can ruin a company like boogie THAT fast. Not even Gibson. Wait 5 years or so before you start bitching about gibson after we notice ANY change in ANYTHING. Mesa to my knowledge hasn't been effected in any way by the gibson deal. if you can spot anything different post gibson on anything, in any aspect, thus far, please let me know.

Besides, Mesa is a fun and exciting company and all, but RS is not going to live forever. Also, their best work is arguably behind them. Their build quality has become....different... since the 2000s. people bitched about cramped parts and weird layouts from the 80s and 90s era, but modern boogies have been coming into the more modern, faster, cheaper, easier to make, harder to service category long before gibson even fired Henry. I can't see anything happening to Mesa from the gibson buy out, in terms of quality of product. if they keep the company running as it is, you're going to hopefully see better world wide distribution, resulting in them being more affordable for the rest of the world, and maybe them getting more access to wood distibuters that could result in more bad ass custom wood options. The whole world has gotten ahead of themselves on this gibson buy out. we just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
When Mike B modded my mark 111 bout 5 years ago. We spoken on the phone several times. He told me then he was about done with mods. I think I posted a thread about it. But found he was still doing few mods. That guy was the best. Him and I talked like several hours over that month. Concerts. Etc.... people he did mods for. Mike was / is the best.

when i first spoke to mike back in the mid 2000's, i was still a pretty shy and introverted person, but that dude and i spoke for liek 20 extra minutes too. Cali has nice weed and all, but i know it ain't just that. :D
He is a brilliant dude, but certainly comes off humble, and eager to spill knowledge. I never got an "i'm too busy" vibe, ever.

When Mike B modded my mark 111 bout 5 years ago. We spoken on the phone several times. He told me then he was about done with mods. I think I posted a thread about it. But found he was still doing few mods. That guy was the best. Him and I talked like several hours over that month. Concerts. Etc.... people he did mods for. Mike was / is the best.

You had a Mark 111 you penis licker?

when i first spoke to mike back in the mid 2000's, i was still a pretty shy and introverted person, but that dude and i spoke for liek 20 extra minutes too. Cali has nice weed and all, but i know it ain't just that. :D
He is a brilliant dude, but certainly comes off humble, and eager to spill knowledge. I never got an "i'm too busy" vibe, ever.
He has never been anything but totally awesome and just a flat out real dude to me.

This^^^^

Every time I talked with Mike, 3 times (2C upgrade, B+ mod, Coli C+ upgrade) it’s always at least 30 minutes to an hour before you know it. Just a fantastic guy to talk to. A gem in this hobby of ours.

I'm guessing this hasn't changed in terms of Mike's doing mods anymore?

That said, does anyone know the actual schematic changes? Soldering isn't that hard if so.

Woot got my Mark III back from Mike B at Mesa. Sounds awesome again after four hours of their work.
Apologies if I missed it, but what did you send it in for?

I've got a mark III with a few little quirks, I've been thinking bout sending to them, and have just put it off for way too long.

Apologies if I missed it, but what did you send it in for?

I've got a mark III with a few little quirks, I've been thinking bout sending to them, and have just put it off for way too long.
You should send it in while he's still doing work. Get the R2 volume mod if it doesn't already have it.

Pack it upside down if you're sending in the headshell too. The hanging chassis puts strain on transformers in transit.

You should send it in while he's still doing work. Get the R2 volume mod if it doesn't already have it.

Pack it upside down if you're sending in the headshell too. The hanging chassis puts strain on transformers in transit.
Lol no more mods…

Back