MIM Precision Player's Bass worth 550 bucks?

Kapo_Polenton

I was perusing amazon.ca the other day and noticed they had a Fender MIM Precision Player's bass for 696 CAD ( roughly 540 or so USD). The regular price on these is 1089 CAD but not sure if they had overstock because the butter cream model was discounted quite heavily. Said what the hell, I need a bass anyway as my buddy wants his back so I pulled the trigger. The next day it was back up to 1089 list price. I think it is a pretty good price even if i have to get the frets rounded off. Anyone have experience with these? did I get lucky on amazon due to a screw up I wonder or do they do these sort of things to get rid of overstock?

The bass is supposed to get here on Friday so I guess we will see if it comes blemished or in two pieces given Amazon's attention to packing.. hopefully I scored a deal.

Yeah that's the thing, I am not seeing those prices on US sites either. They are all over the 850$ mark. Must have been a blow out as I can't imagine amazon doesn't have an algorithm for that. Started with 10 available, I got 9 and when I checked next day, they were down to 6. I am guessing the algorithm saw 4 fast sales and capped the sale price putting it back up.

Product Update: Just got the BASS in 20 min ago and surprisingly, action is a bit high and strings detuned ( prob for shipping and temp) but the thing is in great shape, no issues with the nut and the frets seem to be finished well, not overly jagged and no sprout. Nice finish on the body and no imperfections or paint drips. Fast playing neck. ( Not like I am Steve Harris or anything but I like to rip!) Must have been a good day down in the factory. Not a tequila Friday or day before a holiday.

Back