MOD 50 channel switching dead - schematic, anyone?

LiquidSky

Maybe someone can help me with this: I played my MOD50 combo last week and after changing modules, the channel switching quit working. Neither with the channel button on the front nor with the footswitch or MIDI, anything happens. It also does no self-check after powering the amp, when it is powered, it looks like in the photo. Both modules are lit in channel 1. The modules work fine, I checked them in my M4 preamp.

Do you have any hint for me what could have gone wrong or defective? Can I check or initialize something myself or does it has to go to my tech by all means? I already showed it to a tech but he can't help me without the schematic - which jI don't have. Any help appreciated!

MOD50_Channelswitching_1200px.jpg

Maybe reach out to Mario of Axess Electronics/Mesa fame as I think he designed the midi implementation in the MTS/Egnater amps.

Probably a fuse. I have a RM100 that has a fuse for the midi board, if it pops I think all switching stops.

do you get power from the midi port, does your midi footswitch have power?

Probably a fuse. I have a RM100 that has a fuse for the midi board, if it pops I think all switching stops.

do you get power from the midi port, does your midi footswitch have power?
Yes, the 4-button footswitch lights up. I checked and measured all fuses that I could find inside but they all seemed to be ok. BTW the tech that I first showed this behaviour told me that the MIDI section of the MOD amp is significantly different than the Randall RM which he is familiar with.

Back