MTS Judge Module.. Why so hard to find?

bstaley":1lp1n794 said:
Curt, I just bought one from you on eBay a few minutes ago. I'm looking forward to it. I can see how it stacks up to the Egnater SL2X and SL modules.

Thanks Bill! I will ship it today.

bstaley":2cwx4p8k said:
Curt, I just bought one from you on eBay a few minutes ago. I'm looking forward to it. I can see how it stacks up to the Egnater SL2X and SL modules.

I'd love to hear your opinion on this, Bill.

muudrock":10tf3zzb said:
The Randall's don't sound worse, they sound different. The Egnater's IMO are more refined, somewhat smoother overall and not as in your face aggressive. Both companies modules do sound much like the amps they are supposed to but not a dead ringer. You can't capture the entire picture of an amplifier (preamp+Poweramp+OT+PT,etc) in a preamp module.
I own or have owned most of the modules from both companies and truth be told some of the Egnater sound awesome, some not so much (to me). Same with the Randall versions.

The modders tweaking these modules out are doing a great job in further refining this concept and bringing more variety to the line. The versatility available in this concept is quite cool. I hope the respective companies put some more effort behind the lines, because it is very cool.

With that power amp, I'm pretty sure you're going to like what you hear.

Yeah definitely; I wouldn't expect it to sound 100% like a Recto or modded Plexi so it's more that it sounds good as well being defined, fat, warm, dynamic and tube like - this the main goal for me personally.

If they are just great sounding amps full stop with their own thing going on, that is all I care about.

I grabbed one from Curt as well.. I will let you guys know what I think when I get it and maybe do a clip where I switch between stock Brahma, my slightly modded SL++ (bit more mids), and the Judge.

Hey guys, just joined here and thought I'd chime in. Those are my clips by the way on the Judge module. Just to give you an idea, since I bought it, I've used it about 98-99% of the time. And as you can probably hear, it sounds great even at low volumes. If you're into the VH vibe of modded Marshall tones, you can't go wrong with the Judge; it's a really cool flavor of the Marshall sound. It's not nearly as gainy as the other modules but the sustain is still there. I don't use a boost with it.

Just to give you an idea of how much I like the GTO, I have a '68 spec Metro Plexi with a switchable Rhoads mod that I built that is collecting dust because of this module.

I've also owned a Splawn Quickrod, Superstock, an Orange Tiny Terror, etc... and the MTS series is easily the best of all of them for my needs. I think the RM22 sounds really good relative to the RM100, which I got to try in Curt's store. I don't think you'll miss EL34's too much with it.

Been in the process of moving cross country but once that's done I anticipate I'll be posting some more clips with my Edwards LP instead of the Superstrat.

Cool to see you here EMP! This is a very cool gear forum.

I just finished a demo that I used the GTO The Judge module for both rhythm tracks and for the lead and used the RM22 head. I've got to do some video editing (which is making me mental) and then I will put it up. I really dig the RM22. perfect recording amp rig.

Back