My guest solo on a friend's CD... Bogner Ecstasy content

Robotechnology

My friend Bobby wanted me to play leads for one of his songs. He wanted cacophony type shred stuff and I wasn't feeling it so, this is what I came up with in the studio (if you don't like the tune skip to 2:37:)

Amp was my Ecstasy. Guitar was a 1968 RI (shown in vid). Cab was a GREAT sounding 70's Marshall cab that belonged to the studio (that he doesn't want to sell).

Some cool ideas in there. Feedback: your time is really rough; on the staccato pentatonic licks you were miles from the beat. Oh yeah, falling back on autopilot pentatonic licks will inevitably fuck you when the progression you're soloing over has a phrygian tonality (example: 3:30-3:35). Gilmour can get away with it but he's Gilmour. Nice vibrato and intonation on the bends. Good appropriate tone.

shgshg":31wvfqf4 said:
Some cool ideas in there. Feedback: your time is really rough; on the staccato pentatonic licks you were miles from the beat. Oh yeah, falling back on autopilot pentatonic licks will inevitably fuck you when the progression you're soloing over has a phrygian tonality (example: 3:30-3:35). Gilmour can get away with it but he's Gilmour. Nice vibrato and intonation on the bends. Good appropriate tone.

I appreciate your criticism.

Back