my Purplexi Friedman "kitchen sink" mod video clip...finally

goldwing68nv

ok guys....here is a "link" to my FIRST EVER youtube post of a video clip(or any video for that matter) of my Jim Wigle Purplexi 100 amp,which has the Dave Friedman "Kitchen Sink" mod...the clip was done back on Thanksgiving morning at 9am and at med bedroom volumes with about a cup of coffee in me,so please be gentile about the playing(or lack there of...lol).actually,the clip was originally just a "warm-up" clip,but i ended up playing long enough to have gone through all 3 modes of the "Kitchen Sink" mod...so i just figured,f**k it,i'll leave this as THE video and that's good enough for me :D the whole clip lasts for 12 minutes but,unfortunately,i found out that youtube only allows up to 10 minutes of recording,per video clip.so,the last 2 minutes that were cut off were basically just me switching back to the Brown Eye mode,from being in the Hairy Brown Eye mod,for a few quick riffs...otherwise,hopefully it's a descent-enough representation of the TONAL aspects of the Friedman mods...which is all i'm trying to do here,since there were a few requests to hear this amp with the mods.sorry for the delay,but i've been real busy & it's been difficult getting over to my buddy's house to get all this downloaded...

here's the link:

:doh: :)

psychodave":115p9m3b said:
Boner alert...

lol! well it sure CANT be from the playing.there's this section at about 8:12-8:28 that's just terrible.apparently,my brain was still asleep enough to not make my little finga's do something useful and melodic at that point in time :aww: :LOL: :LOL: oh well,it's all just for fun anyways,right?

that sounds unreal :rock:

wish you had a section where the pot was pulled out and the sat switch was on. that seems like it would be unreal. if there was a section in the video that you did this i appologize. the amp sounds great though and your playing is fine. very tight :rock:

The "kerrange" of that amp is awesome!!! I'm really liking the modded plexi type tones I'm hearing these days. Dave is incredible at the modded Marshall thing isn't he. :rock:

glpg80":2ooxvj07 said:
that sounds unreal :rock:

wish you had a section where the pot was pulled out and the sat switch was on. that seems like it would be unreal. if there was a section in the video that you did this i appologize. the amp sounds great though and your playing is fine. very tight :rock:

no,you didnt miss anything,bro.the ONLY time that i had the SATURATION switch "on" was coupled with the Brown Eye mode and that was it! gives ya an idea of how heavy & saturated that SAT switch feature can make things...honestly,i've never even tried the SAT switch with the C45 or Hairy Brown Eye modes...could be pretty scary :scared: :D ...that's probably like GAINFREAK "mode"...lol!

psychodave":1jj1a19s said:
How is the touch sensitivity? Is it as easy to play as the Jose'?

YES...i would say so.it's got the chewiness & fluidity like my old/your new jose.these mods have excellent sensitivity to pick attack & it's really a fun amp to play :yes:

...i might add that the MV works great through ALL ranges and the amp sounds just as good at really low volumes as it does cranked up...

yngzaklynch":3j51y3rn said:
The "kerrange" of that amp is awesome!!! I'm really liking the modded plexi type tones I'm hearing these days. Dave is incredible at the modded Marshall thing isn't he. :rock:

yeah,Jim...Friedman's got a great ear and the modded Plexi "tone" out of the Kitchen Sink mod(i.e. the Brown Eye mod) is really killer! has a sweet,harmonically-rich tone to it...absolutely love that mod alone :rock:

on the tidbits side of things,here's the signal chain:

'91 Ibanez RG565 w/custom overwound "10k range" Duncan 59 bridge pup...into sh**ty GC instrument cable...into Purplexi amp head w/JJ el34's and variety of chinese high-gain 12ax7's...into late 90's Marshall JCM900 cab w/english G12m 25-watt greenbacks...and that's it :D

I've listened to many Friedman clips and never been amazed. Maybe thought they were a little fizzy or ratty in the top end? But...that was an amazing sounding video. If that is maybe a truer representation than what I've heard before it's seriously on my radar now. Where can I find a breakdown on the cost of the mods. I didn't see it on Daves site. Do I just need to email Dave through the racksys site? I've got a Metro 69 Build I did that may need this kind of attention.

Well its about FN time!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Not bad for a robot with a monocle!! :thumbsup:

Seriously.......
you flamed my GAS flames for my Marshall to go to old Davey!!
Sounds Great my Man!!! :yes:

Now lets hear that HBE in SAT mode!!! :gethim: :D

Danno

Sounds awesome... :rock: Reminds me a lot of psychodave's Cameron Jose clips, actually. What type of settings are you using? I haven't found any that sounded "bad" yet.

Thank you Ned for posting this! Man, that amp sounds fantastic! :rock: Now I need a Friedman for sure! I don't even know how to describe the dynamics and tone, but its exactly what I want from a marshall type of amp.
:thumbsup:

Back