NAD: Another Cameron joins the stable! CCV!!

fretmaster

Only had about an hour with it last night and heading out of town this morning but I just wanted to say, this "may" be, over all, the single most incredible beast I've ever played in my life. I say "may" because there are so many ways to shaped the tone and feel of this amps that I will be quite a while working through them. But right out of the box and a little intuition from having other Cameron's I was able to make this thing make my hair stand on end. GOOD GOD WHAT A GARGANTUAN SOUNDING AMP!!! And almost too much fun to play!! It's going to get me in a lot of trouble I can see that now. My ultimate rock trifecta is finally complete!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :)

20150313_161927_zps6iajbhu1.jpg

Nice! I still need to pickup some sort of G12H-30 speakers for my Atomica, though I may just go with late 70's 55Hz Blackbacks.

keennay":1gngrujh said:
Nice! I still need to pickup some sort of G12H-30 speakers for my Atomica, though I may just go with late 70's 55Hz Blackbacks.

I will tell you this. I have a mid-90's Bogner 4x12 w/ original V30's, a mid-90''s Mojave 4x12 w/ G12H30 Anniversay's, a mid 80's - Marshall 4x12 w/ G12H75's and the Cameron 4x12 w/ G12H30's. The Cameron's sound great through each of these cabs, but for whatever reason are a match made in heaven when plugged into the Cameron cab. You can tell these amps were clearly voiced around that cab and those speakers and it's a sound that will give you goose bumps - honestly!

After owning the other two Cameron's and numerous Bogner Ecstasy's (which share a similar topology. The CCV is NOT a Bogner BTW, before anyone asks. Not even remotely.) layout was fairly intuitive for me. Now it's just a matter of time taken to run through all the possible variables to see just how many sounds and feels I can cokes out of this thing. I was astonished how much I could change the character of the amp playing all the different tweaks off each other. This is not only super cool for really tweaking to tonal tastes, but it's also perfect for optimizing its interaction with whatever guitar you plug in. You can make it a perfect match whether you're playing a bright vintage Strat, a darker Les Paul, or a high output shredder. And it sounds freaking beautiful with a single coils. I swear I could probably dial in SRV's legendary "Texas Flood" tone to a T with this thing. That REALLY shocked me. Can't do that with any of the other hot rod Marshall style amps I own - at least not to this extent. As for now, it goes without saying, it's sounds flipping incredible and FEELS amazing to play! This thing is a fire breathing, brutally muscular beast just bristling on the edge of explosion the way I have it set right now alone! :rock: :thumbsup:

fretmaster":m94iuxfa said:
After owning the other two Cameron's and numerous Bogner Ecstasy's (which share a similar topology. The CCV is NOT a Bogner BTW, before anyone asks. Not even remotely.) layout was fairly intuitive for me. Now it's just a matter of time taken to run through all the possible variables to see just how many sounds and feels I can cokes out of this thing. I was astonished how much I could change the character of the amp playing all the different tweaks off each other. This is not only super cool for really tweaking to tonal tastes, but it's also perfect for optimizing its interaction with whatever guitar you plug in. You can make it a perfect match whether you're playing a bright vintage Strat, a darker Les Paul, or a high output shredder. And it sounds freaking beautiful with a single coils. I swear I could probably dial in SRV's legendary "Texas Flood" tone to a T with this thing. That REALLY shocked me. Can't do that with any of the other hot rod Marshall style amps I own - at least not to this extent. As for now, it goes without saying, it's sounds flipping incredible and FEELS amazing to play! This thing is a fire breathing, brutally muscular beast just bristling on the edge of explosion the way I have it set right now alone! :rock: :thumbsup:

I used mine w a country band for a while! :LOL: :LOL:

Ampaddict":23cn8d86 said:
fretmaster":23cn8d86 said:

I used mine w a country band for a while! :LOL: :LOL:

Not at all surprised! :thumbsup: This may be the first time in history that I could truly say one amp could keep me happy and fulfill all my needs for the foreseeable future. :rock:

fretmaster":3n33pglm said:
keennay":3n33pglm said:

I will tell you this. I have a mid-90's Bogner 4x12 w/ original V30's, a mid-90''s Mojave 4x12 w/ G12H30 Anniversay's, a mid 80's - Marshall 4x12 w/ G12H75's and the Cameron 4x12 w/ G12H30's. The Cameron's sound great through each of these cabs, but for whatever reason are a match made in heaven when plugged into the Cameron cab. You can tell these amps were clearly voiced around that cab and those speakers and it's a sound that will give you goose bumps - honestly!

The cab brand makes a difference? And what was the going rate for the Cameron 4x12 cabs?

I stumbled across an old post of your on TheGearPage mentioning your '71 cab with G12H-30s. Did you ever get a chance to compare with your Cameron cab?

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... ?t=1500734

keennay":1m05ma2u said:
fretmaster":1m05ma2u said:
keennay":1m05ma2u said:

The cab brand makes a difference? And what was the going rate for the Cameron 4x12 cabs?

I stumbled across an old post of your on TheGearPage mentioning your '71 cab with G12H-30s. Did you ever get a chance to compare with your Cameron cab?

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... ?t=1500734

Each cab has a slightly different design. The Cameron and Mojave have perfectly straight baffles although the exact cab depth is slightly different. The Bogner is a "straight front" cab, but the straight baffle is tilted back slightly in the cab. And, no, I have not compared it to nt vintage cab with the G12H30/55hz speakers. That cab is in storage downstairs with a cover on it. I rarely get it out. It's kind of my holy grail treat once in a great while when I really want to blow everything else I've got away.

Back