NAD Mesa Mark III

Holy-diver

Got this drg black dot “x” amp has a iic+ faceplate, sounds awesome idk what’s up with it but it’s definitely the best sounding black dot I’ve had by a country mile and as a bonus it’s in immaculate shape

Attachments

• 8D1F03E0-26E5-45C5-ACA3-DE55AAD3FF9E.jpeg
    8D1F03E0-26E5-45C5-ACA3-DE55AAD3FF9E.jpeg
    488 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 60
  • 70FF8D19-6A67-43DD-9899-C5FB1990E66C.jpeg
    70FF8D19-6A67-43DD-9899-C5FB1990E66C.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 57
I know of a few guys that have C+s, that say their no stripe/black dot III I almost indistinguishable from their C+. Feel is only difference.
Congrats!

I know of a few guys that have C+s, that say their no stripe/black dot III I almost indistinguishable from their C+. Feel is only difference.
Congrats!
This one definitely sounds fantastic but I’ve never owned a iic+ so I couldn’t offer much of a comparison. I have owned about 15 mark iiis though 😂 the only one I wasn’t a fan of was the green stripe I had

Congrats!

i had an original C+ and a sorta No Stripe III at the same time. The III sounded the same if I turned down the presence knob. They did feel a bit different (more "bounce" with the C+?), but in recordings I made, my (probably horrible) ears couldn't tell them apart.

Congrats!
I have to take my c+ hrg to my tech since I recently messed up one of the tube sockets pulling out one of the tubes since they were so tight in there (stupid me), but I don’t recall a feel difference between my c+ and no stripe ++ modded coli. I’ll compare again when it’s fixed with the same tubes. Maybe the c+ had just a little more high end saturation, but even that may be stretching it and not true. I remember them sounding the same, but the coli just sounding way bigger, punchier, more headroom, definition, horsepower, all the stuff you’d expect with more wattage and a bit more. Even when stock it was pretty close, but definitely different still. I’ve thought a few times about selling my c+ since I have the coli, but keeping for its value

They probably sound similar to the IIC+ because some of those early no stripe/black dot Mark III's have the 105 transformer, plus they are the next amp in line after the IIC+.

They probably sound similar to the IIC+ because some of those early no stripe/black dot Mark III's have the 105 transformer, plus they are the next amp in line after the IIC+.
This one doesn’t have the 105 oddly enough, even though it has an early serial and leftover iic+ faceplate
Nice man! Looks real clean for 30+ year old amp!
yeah it’s very very clean for an amp that is almost 36 😯

That's killer. You should definitely get it serviced by Mike B. (and get the R2 mod and reverb glitch fix while it's there). The black dots are pretty old so it would probably benefit from new filter caps.

Had a good friend of mine do an A/B test with a very early Mark III and my IIC+ through identical MESA oversize 4x12 cabs. Around the corner, in another room, the III had a difference in the highs that were more fizzy, or buzzy. Hard to explain, but other than that they were close. He also had a Red Stripe III, that was as close as it gets, FWIW.

Back