NAD - Morin modded Marshall head

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZR4400
  • Start date Start date
Mike M has his home number posted on his amps provided someone didn’t pull the sticker off. Very easy to find on the web from previous amp sales posted. I called him about 1-1/2 years ago to ask about my amp. Reasonable and friendly guy. Be advised. His first statement to me was; “I’m retired”, but he did answer some questions about my amp.
Thank you. I'm Italian, I speak English but not so fluently. I sent a mail to Mike, I'll hope for a answer.
 
Here is the amp in question. Not knowing its historical value at the time, when I got it I replaced the EL34 power tubes with 6550s—which I particularly like—and installed a second master volume. Fortunately, the mods are reversible to restore it to its original spec. I've been using this gem forever, alternating it with a 1959-model JCM800. With the right guitar and pedals, I get tones very close to Van Halen's, but either way, it remains versatile for a lot of different genres. Now it's running an ECC83 Marconi, probably a Mullard.💥
IMG_20260927_174007_edit_174982766049505.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 1000519578.jpg
    1000519578.jpg
    970.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 1000519242.jpg
    1000519242.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • 1000519245.jpg
    1000519245.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 1000519246.jpg
    1000519246.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • 1000519254.jpg
    1000519254.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • 1000519574.jpg
    1000519574.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • 1000519575.jpg
    1000519575.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 1000519576.jpg
    1000519576.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • 1000519579.jpg
    1000519579.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 11
Here is the amp in question. Not knowing its historical value at the time, when I got it I replaced the EL34 power tubes with 6550s—which I particularly like—and installed a second master volume. Fortunately, the mods are reversible to restore it to its original spec. I've been using this gem forever, alternating it with a 1959-model JCM800. With the right guitar and pedals, I get tones very close to Van Halen's, but either way, it remains versatile for a lot of different genres. Now it's running an ECC83 Marconi, probably a Mullard.💥View attachment 461308
Should you ever decide to let it go, let me know - I live in Greece :)
 
These images are on the net from a previous reverb sale. Take from it what you will.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6428.jpeg
    IMG_6428.jpeg
    295.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6430.jpeg
    IMG_6430.jpeg
    472.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6431.jpeg
    IMG_6431.jpeg
    269.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6432.jpeg
    IMG_6432.jpeg
    426.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6433.jpeg
    IMG_6433.jpeg
    474.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6429.jpeg
    IMG_6429.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top