NAD - Not planned!

1meanplexi

A good friend of mine is a tech at a local shop here in Milwaukee. He knows what I like. I asked that he looks out for anything that I might be interested in. Well.....I went to his shop and walked out with a Morris British XSII. I heard of Morris and that was about it. The build quality is just fantastic. This amp is loaded with a lot options. I think he incorporated the Grind preamp on the clean channel. I did email Morris to find out exactly what I have here. As you can see with the marker and labeling that this is not a typical production amp. The other thing to point out, he uses Mercury Iron. This has an original Drake tranny. Anyway, we are all gear whores so I thought enough to share my addiction.

Attachments

• IMG_2575.JPG
    IMG_2575.JPG
    287.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2576.JPG
    IMG_2576.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2577.JPG
    IMG_2577.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 54
Of course it has the Marshall thing going on. Plexi, SLP, Modded that kind of thing. This is going to sound nuts....As you work the the Drive and crunch knobs plus the raw knob in the back and flip the toggle to tight..I swear you get that mesa grind with the power section just hitting hard and not flubbing out. It came with EL34 winged C's. It is 50 watts but a very powerful 50 watts.

I have an XSIII single channel and a 69/70’. The XS is the best amp I have ever owned. Covers so much ground with the Drive and Crunch gains.

Back