NAMM 2020

Leo Diezel":or8a355k said:
As for the VHX:
The audio signal chain is the following:
Input - Pre Loop - Tube Preamp (fully analog) - DSP - Tube Poweramp (fully analog)

Some questions:
1) Can you bypass the AD/DA and just route the preamp analog signal straight to the power amp if you want to disable onboard DSP processing?
2) Are there any loops/inserts for a post preamp analog signal before the DSP?
3) Since the amp has a AD converter and USB port, can it be used as an ASIO device?
4) Does the IR output and the speaker output run in parallel?

I guess I am hoping that it can be used as a pure analog amp into a cabinet with a 2nd output that has the IR for recording scratch tracks. I can current do this with a Torpedo though. To me, the selling point is the analog preamp circuit and controller software.

fantom":3dchx37y said:
Leo Diezel":3dchx37y said:
As for the VHX:
Input - Pre Loop - Tube Preamp (fully analog) - DSP - Tube Poweramp (fully analog)

Some questions:
1) Can you bypass the AD/DA and just route the preamp analog signal straight to the power amp if you want to disable onboard DSP processing?
Nope!
2) Are there any loops/inserts for a post preamp analog signal before the DSP?
Yes, 2 Loops with send level, return level and mix levels. You could place it anywhere you need after the preamp (still inside the DSP) (in between the other effects)
3) Since the amp has a AD converter and USB port, can it be used as an ASIO device?
Yes It would be possible, but it's not implemented yet!
4) Does the IR output and the speaker output run in parallel?
Yes, with independent volumes as well.

I guess I am hoping that it can be used as a pure analog amp into a cabinet with a 2nd output that has the IR for recording scratch tracks. I can current do this with a Torpedo though. To me, the selling point is the analog preamp circuit and controller software.
Of course you could do that, some customers are already doing so with great results, and you don't need the cab so it could be a very "portable" setup to carry around, guitar, head, midi controller and you're done.

Leo, does the VHX have an internal dummyload for IR only playing or is speaker or external dummyload always needed?

Hi Mr Diezel,

First, I would like to say to you that I love your products so much. For me, the Diezel sound is THE sound! I'm interested by the VH Mini because I'm playing only at home. So I don't need a 50 or 100 watts amp.
Have you got some news for us? Is the VH Mini will be commercialized this year? Is there a power reduction? Is the 1st channel clean and the second one high-gain?

Thanks a lot for your answer.
Have a beatiful day.

Mike (from France)

Wow, the VHX specs are better than I expected. I may have to reconsider my thought that the VH4 was the last big amp I'd need. I always liked having onboard effects on my previous amps for the simplicity of it, and if they can be expanded or improved via firmware updates, all the better. Would be good to see the details of what the effects block can do.

MikePop":wdok552a said:
Hi Mr Diezel,

First, I would like to say to you that I love your products so much. For me, the Diezel sound is THE sound! I'm interested by the VH Mini because I'm playing only at home. So I don't need a 50 or 100 watts amp.
Have you got some news for us? Is the VH Mini will be commercialized this year? Is there a power reduction? Is the 1st channel clean and the second one high-gain?

Have a beatiful day.

Mike (from France)
Don't forget that Peter adds a Master Volume for a reason ;)
I play my VH4 at home no problem through a 1x12.

So when are we going to get all the details on the VHX? I am dying to read, hear and watch some videos on it.

Daniel.S":2hxlf8c9 said:
MikePop":2hxlf8c9 said:
Hi Mr Diezel,

Have a beatiful day.

Mike (from France)
Don't forget that Peter adds a Master Volume for a reason ;)
I play my VH4 at home no problem through a 1x12.

Thank you for your answer. :thumbsup:

@Peter Diezel
@Leo Diezel
Hi,
Is the VH Mini will be commercialized this year? I have other projects, but the VH Mini is a priority...
Have a nice day!

Mike

Leo Diezel":2yadhvhg said:
TTV":2yadhvhg said:
Dear Peter and Diezel team,
Could you please share the specs, price (EUR), availability and sound samples of the Mini and VHX?

Br,
Tero

Mini needs some time!

As for the VHX:

Price: 4990USD / 3500€
Availability: We are already shipping out the first units

100W, 4XKT77, 5 x 12AX7
Pre Preamp Serial FX Loop
2 x Post Preamp FX Loop (SEND/RETURN Level and MIX)
Cabsim IR Output / DI Headphone
Cabsim IR Output / DI Balanced XLR with ground lift
MIDI IN/OUT
Columbus IN
USB (updates, IR loading...)
Bluetooth Low Energy (MIDI BLE)

EVERYTHING is programmable/storeable, but the Master Volume.
MIDI CC are supported to be able to switch on/off effects like a stombox, Mute-Tuner, Volume/Wha with expression pedal..

Preamp is structured this way, with more than 24 different base sound available:

Gain - 4 Selection for Gain Stage Structure (GREEN, YELLOW, BLUE, RED), plus actual GAIN
Bright - 2 Selection (available on GREEN and YELLOW)
Shape - 3 Selection for Gain Stage Shape (available on BLUE and RED)
Voice - 3 Selection for general voicing (available on every color)
Treble
Middle
Bass
Midcut
Volume
Deep
Presence

Effect list:
IR Cab Simulator
Tuner
Preamp Loop
Effect Loop A
Effect Loop B
Noise Gate
Compressor
Pitch Shifter (polyphonic and low latency)
Delay
Chorus
Flanger
Phaser
Reverb
Tremolo
Graphic Equalizer
Wha

Leo, I'm presuming the first 10 VHX units are already spoken for? Just wondering if they are currently only being made in small batches? I'd dropped Peter S an email as I'm keen to get in on a batch and get my hands on one :) (think my email is experiencing problems though, hence inquiring here) maybe you can fill me in/drop me a message as to who I should get in touch with.

mjsb1":15n4j5lj said:
Leo Diezel":15n4j5lj said:
TTV":15n4j5lj said:
Dear Peter and Diezel team,
Could you please share the specs, price (EUR), availability and sound samples of the Mini and VHX?

Br,
Tero

Mini needs some time!

As for the VHX:

Price: 4990USD / 3500€
Availability: We are already shipping out the first units

100W, 4XKT77, 5 x 12AX7
Pre Preamp Serial FX Loop
2 x Post Preamp FX Loop (SEND/RETURN Level and MIX)
Cabsim IR Output / DI Headphone
Cabsim IR Output / DI Balanced XLR with ground lift
MIDI IN/OUT
Columbus IN
USB (updates, IR loading...)
Bluetooth Low Energy (MIDI BLE)

EVERYTHING is programmable/storeable, but the Master Volume.
MIDI CC are supported to be able to switch on/off effects like a stombox, Mute-Tuner, Volume/Wha with expression pedal..

Preamp is structured this way, with more than 24 different base sound available:

Gain - 4 Selection for Gain Stage Structure (GREEN, YELLOW, BLUE, RED), plus actual GAIN
Bright - 2 Selection (available on GREEN and YELLOW)
Shape - 3 Selection for Gain Stage Shape (available on BLUE and RED)
Voice - 3 Selection for general voicing (available on every color)
Treble
Middle
Bass
Midcut
Volume
Deep
Presence

Effect list:
IR Cab Simulator
Tuner
Preamp Loop
Effect Loop A
Effect Loop B
Noise Gate
Compressor
Pitch Shifter (polyphonic and low latency)
Delay
Chorus
Flanger
Phaser
Reverb
Tremolo
Graphic Equalizer
Wha

Leo, I'm presuming the first 10 VHX units are already spoken for? Just wondering if they are currently only being made in small batches? I'd dropped Peter S an email as I'm keen to get in on a batch and get my hands on one :) (think my email is experiencing problems though, hence inquiring here) maybe you can fill me in/drop me a message as to who I should get in touch with.

Yes, first 25 should already be sold/shipped and next 25 may be already scheduled to dealers, however please send me a mail at leonardo @ diezelamplification.com, I'm sure I could help you :)

Back