NCD-Fryette Fatbottom

Apex1Rg7X

Finally took the plunge and got a Fatbottom cab w/Fanes. Only had 10-15 minutes with it so far but damn, what an amazing cab. Super tight and nearly perfect bass response. I’ll have to do some comparing this weekend, but I’d guess it will easily be my favorite cab of the 3 I own.

Yes, I need another amp now as well…haha

IMG_4680.jpeg

Hows the FB compared to the Bogner?
With mine I found when compared the FB to be tighter, more immediate, direct punchier brighter. The Ubercab is fatter/thicker, fills the room a bit more, darker, more smooth/homogenous sounding from the foam, looser, but still tight vs most cabs. Both are great imo

To be clear, I also swapped the 75's out of my Uberkab for Redback's. Not sure it made a huge difference tbh.

Hows the FB compared to the Bogner?

I have both. My ubercab is still stock for the time being. Bogner puts polyfiber batting on the inside back panel which deadens the the high-end a little. The FL uberkab isn't doesn't seem to kill the highs as much as I remember with my old RL ones. But in comparison the FB is brighter and louder. Better clarity too. I think pulling the batting off the back panel will help brighten up the Bogner cab. I'll also probably swap out the T75s for H75s.

Finally took the plunge and got a Fatbottom cab w/Fanes. Only had 10-15 minutes with it so far but damn, what an amazing cab. Super tight and nearly perfect bass response. I’ll have to do some comparing this weekend, but I’d guess it will easily be my favorite cab of the 3 I own.

Yes, I need another amp now as well…haha

View attachment 306303

Need's a Fryette head on top!

I have both. My ubercab is still stock for the time being. Bogner puts polyfiber batting on the inside back panel which deadens the the high-end a little. The FL uberkab isn't doesn't seem to kill the highs as much as I remember with my old RL ones. But in comparison the FB is brighter and louder. Better clarity too. I think pulling the batting off the back panel will help brighten up the Bogner cab. I'll also probably swap out the T75s for H75s.
I've A/B'd polyfiber vs no polyfiber on my Uberkabs a few times. The best results for me were not to remove it completely but to thin it out with scissors or a knife. I also drilled a center post screw hole and added a screw there.

To be clear, I also swapped the 75's out of my Uberkab for Redback's. Not sure it made a huge difference tbh.
Yeah I did lots of different speaker swaps in my Ubercab from stock V30/T75 to a Fane F90 quad to currently a JBL K120/E120 cross and the overall sound just didn’t change that much even with the super different swaps

I've A/B'd polyfiber vs no polyfiber on my Uberkabs a few times. The best results for me were not to remove it completely but to thin it out with scissors or a knife. I also drilled a center post screw hole and added a screw there.

I didn't notice there wasn't a center post screw. I'll have to do that as well

Back