Neat idea from JHS. Build your own Klon for $99. No soldering necessary.

Agree. He spreads knowledge, perpetuating the pedal market, supports other builders. He's an encyclopedia of knowledge, shares it in the best way.
I'd say he def has finger on the pulse, but at this point, I think he's the heartbeat. At least the left ventricle.
I've watched the prices on his used stuff on GC skyrocket over the last 2 years .....

older Panther delays are going for almost 500 ..... I paid 125 for mine in a GC parking lot three years ago ....

I like him even more now. Thanks!

tenor.gif

If Bill manage to keep the KTR in production I think most people will still buy his version but he’ve been pretty useless at that.
Imagine you spend years of isolation to design something and finally bring it to market. Then some fat shitbag under the guise of family man takes your hard work and sells it in front of your face..

I think it's a great idea. The whole point seems to be to de-mystify the klon by making users put it together themselves so they can take a minute to see that there's no fairy dust in there.

It's about as anti-TGP as it gets, so I love it.

Imagine you spend years of isolation to design something and finally bring it to market. Then some fat shitbag under the guise of family man takes your hard work and sells it in front of your face..

Imagine you spend years designing something and finally bringing it to market and everybody loves it. So naturally, you stop making it and immediately start bitching when other people start copying it even though you've chosen to stop making it, because you believe that ONLY YOU are allowed to sell people boxes that make this sound and you've stopped doing it because you've deigned it so that NO MORE people can sound like that. NOBODY is allowed to question your divine will or disrupt your master plan by making pedals you now refuse to make yourself THAT'S NOT FAIR.

So then later on you bring them back in an entirely different format with a pathetic "hey don't blame me for making these so expensive, it was YOU guys who built up the reputation of these things" self righteous message front and center on the face of the pedal and hey it can be yours for the low low price of $700.

And then later again when you remember that you want even more money, you start remaking the original and selling it for 4 figures to get back in on the action that you created yourself through artificial scarcity.

Yeah that guy can go fuck himself.

I'm glad Josh Scott is taking all the mystery out of a few dollars worth of metal and plastic and selling it for under a hundred bucks.

Last edited:
I think it's a great idea. The whole point seems to be to de-mystify the klon by making users put it together themselves so they can take a minute to see that there's no fairy dust in there.

It's about as anti-TGP as it gets, so I love it.

Imagine you spend years designing something and finally bringing it to market and everybody loves it. So naturally, you stop making it and instead start bitching about other people copying it even though you've chosen to stop making it, because you believe that ONLY YOU are allowed to sell people boxes that make this sound and you've stopped doing it because you've deigned it so that NO MORE people can sound like that. NOBODY is allowed to question your divine will or disrupt your master plan by making pedals you now refuse to make yourself THAT'S NOT FAIR.

So then later on you bring them back in an entirely different format with a pathetic "hey don't blame me for making these so expensive, it was YOU guys who built up the reputation of these things" self righteous message front and center on the face of the pedal and hey it can be yours for the low low price of $700.

And then later again when you remember that you want even more money, you start remaking the original and selling it for 4 figures to get back in on the action that you created yourself through artificial scarcity.

Yeah that guy can go fuck himself.

I'm glad Josh Scott is taking all the mystery out of a few dollars worth of metal and plastic and selling it for under a hundred bucks.
Kudos to Josh and Brian Wampler for pulling back the veil on some of this stuff. I love the fact that they will tell you how much they love other builder's designs.

It's fun, those kids are cute AF, and if it gets more people into thinking about gear then I'm for it. It's a pretty great marketing tactic really.

Just wait until some of you guys hear about the project where Josh Scott and Mike Fortin are collaborating to build something for Tim Henson. I believe Glenn Fricker will have exclusive rights to the review when it comes out. :LOL:

I’d rather have Wayne build it, with graphics, for what did he sell them for? $16 more?

Wayne you should charge more!

Back