New amp day and new cab day- Hermansson Triple Rev F and Engl XXL

Yehuda

Haven’t tried the Cab yet, but the Hermansson definitely lived up to the hype- obviously it gets stupid tight, but it also has a ton of range, and goes all the way to clean with the volume knob of the guitar- definitely a 10/10 amp.
IMG_7349.jpeg

Congrats, they handle ERG’s by far the best of the amps that I’ve tried. Very tight but fat.

I found that these benefit from the slightest boost up front, like an Eq pedal but no need for anything like a tubescreamer. Then you don’t need to run the gain into where it get “sizzly” which tends to be the biggest complaint with these.
Congrats!! My Herm Triple F Herm is easily my favorite of the 5 Herm’s I’ve had and 2 others I’ve tried (3 Marshall 5GS’s, Carlsbro 5GS, Dual Rev G Recto and Single Recto)

3 of my top 10 High Gainers in one pic (Herm Triple and HR top 4)
Rev F triple must rip, bigger and tighter than the G I assume?

Congrats, they handle ERG’s by far the best of the amps that I’ve tried. Very tight but fat.

I found that these benefit from the slightest boost up front, like an Eq pedal but no need for anything like a tubescreamer. Then you don’t need to run the gain into where it get “sizzly” which tends to be the biggest complaint with these.

Rev F triple must rip, bigger and tighter than the G I assume?
I wouldn’t really say bigger actually, but I do hear the extra efficiency/ease (aka headroom) in how it puts out sound vs the Dual G. It is a lot tighter, more attacky, faster, which makes for even better feel to me and has even more of that aggressive high end sizzle (that I actually really enjoy), but that partly might be from its added bright and tight push-pull switches that take it up a notch. It’s also the only recto so far where I actually enjoy the red ch lol. The Dual G still has a fatness and more forward quality in the mids that make it still a keeper for now and is my 2nd favorite Hermansson I’ve had. I don’t boost either. Mine also had the Rev C mod before, so not sure how that affects the outcome, but like any modded amp it seems the right donor amp is critical to getting the most out of the mods despite what other guys say (many of whom haven’t tried them lol)

I wouldn’t really say bigger actually, but I do hear the extra efficiency/ease (aka headroom) in how it puts out sound vs the Dual G. It is a lot tighter, more attacky, faster, which makes for even better feel to me and has even more of that aggressive high end sizzle (that I actually really enjoy), but that partly might be from its added bright and tight push-pull switches that take it up a notch. It’s also the only recto so far where I actually enjoy the red ch lol. The Dual G still has a fatness and more forward quality in the mids that make it still a keeper for now and is my 2nd favorite Hermansson I’ve had. I don’t boost either. Mine also had the Rev C mod before, so not sure how that affects the outcome, but like any modded amp it seems the right donor amp is critical to getting the most out of the mods despite what other guys say (many of whom haven’t tried them lol)
That sounds like a pretty beastly triple rec haha.

FYI I dont mind the sizzle either, what I more so meant was if you wanted a tone without it you can get it but at the cost of gain and grind so a slight bump is a good medium.

Agreed about the donor, I could still hear the amp (Rev G) that was sent to him when it came back, it was just hopped up on his sound.

How much do the mid and bright switches do on the rec? Are they essential for dialing in? I might have to do another one if I come across another affordable Rev G (still pop up occasionally in my area for realistic prices)

That sounds like a pretty beastly triple rec haha.

FYI I dont mind the sizzle either, what I more so meant was if you wanted a tone without it you can get it but at the cost of gain and grind so a slight bump is a good medium.

Agreed about the donor, I could still hear the amp (Rev G) that was sent to him when it came back, it was just hopped up on his sound.

How much do the mid and bright switches do on the rec? Are they essential for dialing in? I might have to do another one if I come across another affordable Rev G (still pop up occasionally in my area for realistic prices)
It is! I was gonna sell it since my Rev C (and D I had) sounded a lot better, but instead was able to make good use of it with Hermansson modding it

I think the bright and tight push-pulls are must haves (tightens additionally to the tight knob), but I don't like the mid pull on the punch knob as much (sounds a bit bloated pulled imo), but I like the punch knob feature (the Dual G also has it)

Haven’t tried the Cab yet, but the Hermansson definitely lived up to the hype- obviously it gets stupid tight, but it also has a ton of range, and goes all the way to clean with the volume knob of the guitar- definitely a 10/10 amp.
View attachment 294302
Congrats on the Hermansson Rectifier and Hell Razor!
Good friend stopped by today and brought his Rectifier and his Recently acquired 5 Gain Stage Marshall for a little party. And yes, I do need a Hermansson Rectifier!!!
Like Hickok 45 would say "Life is good"!!!
DABAcI5l.jpg

NiXmuJzl.jpg

Back